Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Win a free iPad - Cookkosher
1  2  Next

Yael

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 11:45 am

Win a free iPad!
Enter 2 recipes and you get a chance to win a free iPad. Enter 5 recipes, leave a comment in the blog and you'll get two chances to win.

www.cookkosher.com is a recipe sharing site. Instead of calling up a friend to ask her what to make for dinner, you can now join a group of people that love food as much as you do. You can rate, review and post photos to the recipes. You can search recipes by ingredient, time and occasion...

In addition it's a great way to organize your own recipes. Time to get rid of all the scraps of little notes you jot down and have it all in one organized place. You can then log on from any computer or mobile device and get your recipes wherever you are. You can also search, sort and filter your own recipes.

Check out our blog for weekly guests and amazing tips.

Join now- It's free!

Paid Ad

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 3:52 pm
I did find a few interesting recipes there already.
Will post some myself and enter the raffle! Smile

Esther01

Post Tue, Jan 25 2011, 10:46 pm
I joined this sight and love it!!! so many good easy fun recipes. plus I hope to win the ipad!

chanchy123

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 6:41 am
It's a great idea to get people to join the site. However, I've tried a few times and they won't send me an authorization email so I can't activate my account. Too bad.

CK2

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 12:44 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
It's a great idea to get people to join the site. However, I've tried a few times and they won't send me an authorization email so I can't activate my account. Too bad.

Sorry for the trouble. Please check your spam box, or please email us at info at cookkosher.com and we'll resolve the issue.

Thanks

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 2:35 pm
CK, is there any way for an ingredient to be listed without a quantity? Like "salt and pepper to taste"?

YALT

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 6:51 pm
I had the same question as ra-mom.

Some recipes need a drop of oil to sautee veges in. Or a bit of s&p. then there are the sesame seeds on the challah. How many sesame seeds? should I put 100? I never really counted them. LOL

The other thing was that we can't put in fractions of measurements. like 2/3 or 1/2. We can only do like 1.5 or 1.3 maybe you can make another column for fraction options.

Thanks. it looks like it'll finally be the site I've been looking for.
And I love the way you got people to actually start posting. Smart move. Unfortunately I don't have much time this week to post many but IYH I hope to add more in the future.

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 7:23 pm
Not sure if my post was deleted, or I didn't post it in the end. I would like to read the terms of service before I post recipes, but there are not terms up yet.

sky

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 7:39 pm
YALT wrote:
The other thing was that we can't put in fractions of measurements. like 2/3 or 1/2. We can only do like 1.5 or 1.3 maybe you can make another column for fraction options.

For fractions the directions say to enter the fraction after the number with no space so 1 1/2 would be 11/2. It seemed to work for me.

YALT

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 7:45 pm
sky wrote:
YALT wrote:

For fractions the directions say to enter the fraction after the number with no space so 1 1/2 would be 11/2. It seemed to work for me.

o. ok. will try that later or tomorrow.
thanks

CK2

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 8:33 pm
ra_mom wrote:
CK, is there any way for an ingredient to be listed without a quantity? Like "salt and pepper to taste"?

I wrote about it in the community.
To cheat the system - put a hyphen in the quantity.
http://www.cookkosher.com/inde.....mid=4

CK2

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 8:35 pm
YALT wrote:
I had the same question as ra-mom.

Some recipes need a drop of oil to sautee veges in. Or a bit of s&p. then there are the sesame seeds on the challah. How many sesame seeds? should I put 100? I never really counted them. LOL

Thanks. it looks like it'll finally be the site I've been looking for.
And I love the way you got people to actually start posting. Smart move. Unfortunately I don't have much time this week to post many but IYH I hope to add more in the future.

100 sesame seeds sound perfect! LOL I'll personally count it for you.

I'm thinking about pushing off the date a few days since the ad come out so late. What do you think?

CK2

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 8:38 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
Not sure if my post was deleted, or I didn't post it in the end. I would like to read the terms of service before I post recipes, but there are not terms up yet.

I thought it was put up already. I'll get the tech people to add it tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up. If anyone see's anything else annoying- let me know.

crush

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 9:11 pm
CK2 wrote:
I'm thinking about pushing off the date a few days since the ad come out so late. What do you think?

That sounds smart, being that so many people are probably posting due to that ad.
Btw, I absolutely adore your new site! It's perfect! And now there's a site besides for imamother that I can waste looooads of time on Wink
Thanks, I think this is just what the Jewish community needed!

CK2

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 9:20 pm
Thanks!
Check out the blog for weekly new posts.

YALT

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 6:17 am
well.... I'd rather you not push off the date so that I have a bigger chance to win. Wink

But I think if you give extra time you'll get alot more. And that'll make your site that much better.

Another suggestion: Can we change the view of the way the recipes come up when we just browse?
and if we can get a browsing column on the side? I love allrecipes.com. You can see over there what I mean.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 6:54 am
Sent you an email.
Hope the problem is solved.

CK2

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 11:39 am
YALT wrote:
well.... I'd rather you not push off the date so that I have a bigger chance to win. Wink

But I think if you give extra time you'll get alot more. And that'll make your site that much better.

Another suggestion: Can we change the view of the way the recipes come up when we just browse?
and if we can get a browsing column on the side? I love allrecipes.com. You can see over there what I mean.

Do you mean Browse deeper? We have that ontop - recipe filter, sort or the recipe mixer.

What do you mean by view?

CK2

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 11:41 am
chanchy123 wrote:
Sent you an email.

Your recipes sound delicious! The beer chicken is totally up my alley. I had one question - I can of beer and 1 bottle is different - 8 oz or 12?

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 1:08 pm
CK2 wrote:
chanchy123 wrote:
Sent you an email.

Your recipes sound delicious! The beer chicken is totally up my alley. I had one question - I can of beer and 1 bottle is different - 8 oz or 12?

I don't know I don't drink the stuff just cook with it. I use whatever DH happens to buy, usually bottles I guess. I don't know if they are the same size as the ones in the US though.
Also, I think I used smaller bottles this time.
It doesn't really matter, it's more of a throw whatever you've got in the house kind of recipe.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics