Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Have you bought the same thing again and again and again?
1  2  Next

shanie5

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 11:03 pm
I was just looking for s/t in my pantry and found 5 bags of brown sugar. I would be out shopping, pass the brown sugar, think "I remember running low on the bag I have open, not sure if I bought another yet" so I buy one. Only to come home and find that I had this idea a few times already.....

A friend once told me that she had a years supply of dish setergent because of this.

SO what have you bought again and again and again..............?

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 11:07 pm
I also have the sugar issue. Brown sugar and confectioners sugar. The problem is, I NEVER use confectioners sugar, so it just remains.

saw50st8

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 11:16 pm
garlic powder!

Merrymom

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 11:16 pm
Taco seasoning for my ground beef and Italian dressing seasoning for my fried fish and crispy chicken. I buy it and buy it until I decide to stop because I have too much. Then I use it up but am sure I still have some in the house so when I need it, guess what? I finally don't have it just as I'm ready to make supper.

Undefined

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 11:43 pm
Hey merrymom that chicken sounds good, how do you make it?

I had three boxes of garbage bags because I always think I'm out, and then my dh bought another one.

Merrymom

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 11:55 pm
Undefined wrote:

I had three boxes of garbage bags because I always think I'm out, and then my dh bought another one.

Chicken cutlets pounded out thin or cut into bite sized pieces. Then I dip it into flour if it's still moist, then Hellman's light mayo mixed with mustard, and a little bit of garlic powder and cayenne pepper, then I dip it either into panko bread crumbs or cornflake crumbs mixed with a packet of Good Seasons Italian Seasoning packet. Lay it on a cookie sheet and bake. It crisps up really nice and isn't greasy like fried chicken.

Undefined

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 12:01 am
Sounds great, thanx!

hadasa

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 12:11 am
I used to have that problem with Pesach supplies, since I never remembered what I packed up from last year, until I started to write it down. I think I haven't bought Pesach dishsoap in about five years, because I had tons left over from what I had bought every year previously.

grace413

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 12:50 am
Garlic powder and other spices. First I forget to buy it once or twice, then the next 5 trips I buy it.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 6:18 am
saw50st8 wrote:
garlic powder!
OMG. Well, granulated garlic actually. My son lives near the spice stalls in Tel Aviv, so I asked him to get me about 300 grams, which fit into the plastic dispenser I use for this purpose. Of course, RIGHT after I finished speaking to him (at the store), I found a HUGE bag that I had bought my mother around a year ago, that she returned to me. There must be about half a kilo of granulated garlic in there! Oh well, it won't go to waste. We use granulated garlic a lot.
Another thing: coconut. I had some leftover from last Pesach and decided to use it to dust my pans, instead of flour. It makes things taste even better. I thought I was running low, so I bought a bag. And then I couldn't find it. So I bought another bag. And then I found that I had put the coconut from the initial bag in a Tupperware in the freezer to keep it unbuggy once I opened the bag. So there I was, with tons of coconut. Certainly too much for dusting with. And guess what we've been having, week after week for the past month or so (I want to finish things before Pesach)? Tadaaaaaa, yummy coconut cake. Oil, not margarine. If anyone wants the recipe, adapted for Israeli coconut, just give a yell on my PM and I'll post it.

Raisin

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 7:30 am
things that I always run out of, like sugar, bread flour, canned tomatoes, mayo etc. but it seems either I have too much or not enough.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 10:20 am
I"ve done that for clothes too. I shuld be embarrased to tell you all that.

obagys

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 10:25 am
I do that with a lot of different foods.
Last year I bought myself a new skirt...then 3 WEEKS LATER I bought the EXACT same skirt again...and in a different size! I didn't gain/lose weight in those 3 weeks so I'm not sure why I bought different sizes even (it wasn't an elastic waist either). The worst part was that I had worn both of them once before realizing so I couldn't even return the duplicate.

shnitzel

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 10:54 am
Margarine. They only have one I buy at some stores so I always buy when I am there but somehow I ended up with about 5 tubs.

Fabulous

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 10:57 am
Brown sugar as well, ketchup, pasta, canned mushrooms, frozen french fries and a bunch of other things that I can't think of at this moment.

1Life2Live

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 11:04 am
toothpaste...

yo'ma

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 11:07 am
chocolate moose wrote:

So have I, but for my kids and not over and over again, just over. Tongue Out

Merrymom

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 12:00 pm
hadasa wrote:
I used to have that problem with Pesach supplies, since I never remembered what I packed up from last year, until I started to write it down. I think I haven't bought Pesach dishsoap in about five years, because I had tons left over from what I had bought every year previously.

I do the same thing, I make a list of all the dishes and paper goods I'll need and put it in a container with my pesach dishes, right towards the top so I can easily get to it. If I wrote it down in any notebook I probably would have lost it by now though.

Merrymom

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 12:02 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

I do this too for my kids. I always seem to forget how much tights or jackets they have. Strollers and carseats too. I should have a garage sale........

obagys

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 12:13 pm
Merrymom wrote:
Undefined wrote:

Chicken cutlets pounded out thin or cut into bite sized pieces. Then I dip it into flour if it's still moist, then Hellman's light mayo mixed with mustard, and a little bit of garlic powder and cayenne pepper, then I dip it either into panko bread crumbs or cornflake crumbs mixed with a packet of Good Seasons Italian Seasoning packet. Lay it on a cookie sheet and bake. It crisps up really nice and isn't greasy like fried chicken.

How long do you bake it for? I'm actually trying this right now for Shabbos, lol Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics