Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO PEDIATRIC NEUROLOGIST in Brooklyn/Nyc area

YALT

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 4:22 pm
I need to take my son to neurologist. anyone know of a good one?

YALT

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 4:36 pm
did a bit of searching, and it seems there are so many departments under neurologist, and so here's a better idea of my situation

He has a few ticks (aka nervous twitch) he got a few weeks ago along with strep. 1 never went away and 1 went away and in it's place another came around. The doctor suggested we go see a neurologist, since he seems to be getting these ticks not so rare but didn't suggest anyone in particular.

mha3484

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 6:00 pm
I have tourette syndrome which is also a tic disorder. I see a neurologist that specializes in movement disorders. Maybe that can help you narrow down your search? Sorry I cant give a name as I dont live in NY.

Ronit

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 6:13 pm
I had seen Dr. John T. Wells in NYC, because we thought ds had some attention issues.

The downside was that he didn't take our insurance. We had an option to see him in a clinic, but there was no appt for months, & he can't give each patient more than a few minutes there.

reed

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 6:23 pm
I used Dr. Steven Pavlakis at Maimonides for one of my kids when we suspected absence seizures (manifested similarly to tics). Ultimately my child ended up with full blown seizures, which were outgrown B"H. I know people who are also very happy with Dr. Akila Vankateraman (sp?). She's also at the Pediatric Subspecialty Group at Maimonides. Other than the long wait times in the beginning (till I learned how to schedule appointments best to avoid long waits), I was very happy. Feel free to PM me if you'd like further info.

aidelmaidel

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 6:30 pm
If your ped suggests that it might be strep related PANDAS, then you should go to NYU where they have people who specialize in PANDAS. http://www.aboutourkids.org/files/PANDAS.pdf

If not we use Dr. Romaine Schubert at Methodist, very happy with her. 718-246-8595

We've also used Pavlakis at Maimo (718) 283-8260 and dr. Sandra Forem at NYU 212-263-3476 I could not stand her. Good but patronizing to frum people.

cuties' mom

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 8:44 pm
Dr Wolf is the head of pediatric neurology at Beth Israel. He accepts most insurances.

overthehill

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 9:20 pm
reed wrote:
I used Dr. Steven Pavlakis at Maimonides for one of my kids when we suspected absence seizures (manifested similarly to tics). Ultimately my child ended up with full blown seizures, which were outgrown B"H. I know people who are also very happy with Dr. Akila Vankateraman (sp?). She's also at the Pediatric Subspecialty Group at Maimonides. Other than the long wait times in the beginning (till I learned how to schedule appointments best to avoid long waits), I was very happy. Feel free to PM me if you'd like further info.

I second Dr. Vankataramen. Nice woman, great bedside manner, told us we came to her for nothing BH and sent us home without any invasive testing. BH, she was right!, most importantly, great MD

MeadowsLane

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 9:35 pm
Dr. Steven Wolf at Beth Israel (Manhattan) is wonderful.

gemini90

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 10:48 pm
I second Dr. Schubert she is the only one who was able to give us a diagnosis on our daughter.

mummyto2

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 8:11 pm
dr shlomo shinar at bronx montefiore..he was amazinf..very reassuring...didn't order massve amount tests..accepts insurance. pm for more

ysydmom

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 9:43 pm
You can try Dr. Brosgol he is in sheapshead bay. Takes insurance better than dr. pavlakus. I tried both!

ILOVELIFE

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 9:49 pm
I used Dr Malofsky (sp?) who practices in Beth Israel and in ODA in Williamsburg. I traveled to ODA because he took my insurance (CHP) there and not in Beth Israel. He's frum, very conservative -- not into instant labeling and overmedicating and has terrific rapport with kids.

A friend of mine used him for PANDAS and was very very happy. He's got at least 20 yrs of experience.

Dr Susan Schulman (who is a ped in Boro Park not a neurologist) happens to have great experience with PANDAS and has done well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries