Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Help Wanted
Dh turning bald
1  2  Next

prestige

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 12:10 pm
my dh is turning bald... in his early 20s... is there anything on the market that strengthens hair or helps it grow back?

gp2.0

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 12:30 pm
Depends on why he's going bald. If it's male pattern baldness, then it's a losing battle and nothing will really help. But anyway Jewish guys are lucky because they have the kippah to cover the bald spot. Wink

chanahlady

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 1:28 pm
Rogaine.

yytsmommy

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 1:35 pm
yeah Wink same problem. but my dh says only one person in the family is going to wear a shaitel! and it isn't going to be him! LOL
and about the kippah... well it has truly gotten bigger and worn more to the front of his head... (at least when I remind him to move it. he doesnt really care about going bald!)
on a more serious note, I do wish there were something to do about it! at the rate he is going he will be michael jordan bald by the time he is 30 shock

yidish

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 1:39 pm
what about hair loss at the hairline / peyos. is rogaine ok for that?

MrsMortgage

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 1:53 pm
Careful with the rogain... His whole body could get hairier!

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 1:53 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Depends on why he's going bald. If it's male pattern baldness, then it's a losing battle and nothing will really help. But anyway Jewish guys are lucky because they have the kippah to cover the bald spot. Wink
My husband is bald exactly under his kipa and he likes to say that nothing grows under shade.

anonymrs

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 2:20 pm
Nutri-supreme makes a vitamin for skin, hair, and nails (I think it's even called Skin, Hair, & Nails.) I don't think it regrows lost hair but I know people who swear by it for strengthening existing hair.

prestige

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 2:23 pm
Doesnt rogain work only on the place it is applied?

It'sMe

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 2:31 pm
LOL just in time, I see a google ad at the top of the page that says Quick Fix for balding, didnt click it to see what it is, but you could try it if youd like

MrsMortgage

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 2:41 pm
prestige wrote:
It stillgets into the bloodstream I guess. There's even a warning on the packaging. DH's friend got very hairy hands and back. But since the benefits of rogain are not permanent, all he had to do was stop using it. A few months later his head was bald again but so was the rest of him At wits end

prestige

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 2:49 pm
So basically what he gained out of rogain was an emptier pocket... lol

ROFL

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 4:21 pm
My DH is also balding. I hate it Sad

Raizle

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 4:37 pm
yytsmommy wrote:
yeah Wink same problem. but my dh says only one person in the family is going to wear a shaitel! and it isn't going to be him! LOL
and about the kippah... well it has truly gotten bigger and worn more to the front of his head... (at least when I remind him to move it. he doesnt really care about going bald!)
on a more serious note, I do wish there were something to do about it! at the rate he is going he will be michael jordan bald by the time he is 30 shock

no offence but please leave him alone. why give him a complex
It looks real stupid pushed to the front anyway. What's the name of that boys choir conductor that does it?
we always laugh at the way he wears his yarmulka clearly trying to hide his bald spot.
bald on guys looks perfectly normal. Yarmulka pushed forward looks weird

chanahlady

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 4:40 pm
Rogaine keeps the hair that he already has. It doesn't grow new hair. It can be placed on the front of the hairline, not just the crown.

The pill Propecia actually grows new hair but I don't think it's worth it -- if a pregnant woman gets around the pill or dust from the pill, it can cause deformities in a male fetus.

busydev

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 5:05 pm
my dh was one third bald or more on top before we got married (at 23). he used to have a chup and brush it over- but then about a year before we met he decided its not worth it anymore and now does a 2 over the top. (very easy to do let me tell you)

Hes def been thinning and losing more since we got married (almost 2 years)

but if you look at his father, grandfather and some uncles (both sides) hes gonna be completely bald on top before hes thirty. Mah lasos. at least I didnt marry him for his supermodel looks LOL

(oh and I make him move his yarmulka to the back- hate when its on the front LOL )

leomom

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 10:36 pm
It'sMe wrote:
LOL just in time, I see a google ad at the top of the page that says Quick Fix for balding,

The magic of keyword-generated Google ads, works every time.

IloveHashem613

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 12:17 am
MrsMortgage wrote:
prestige wrote:
It stillgets into the bloodstream I guess. There's even a warning on the packaging. DH's friend got very hairy hands and back. But since the benefits of rogain are not permanent, all he had to do was stop using it. A few months later his head was bald again but so was the rest of him At wits end

OMG where did u find that icon of the guy pulling clumps of hair out???? Soo funny!!!

mizle10

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 8:59 am
I heard that rogane weakens sperm

citrus

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 9:13 am
I

Last edited by citrus on Mon, Sep 21 2015, 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics