Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Whats the biggest monetary damage your kids have cost you..
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 5:13 pm
What is the biggest monetary damage a child of yours has done to your belongings, and how did you deal with it.

I.E. my kids are still young, but damaging my kitchen table glass, probably wins.

Though non monetary would probably be the haircuts that my 3 year old made for his 2 siblings.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 6:12 pm
I have a friend who has a child with Down's Syndrome. He likes to throw things.

My friend's son with Down's Syndrome son threw someone's esrog on the floor in shul and the pitum broke off. The boy's father offered to pay, but the owner declined.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jan 12 2016, 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Raisin

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 6:19 pm
pouring chocolate milk over our laptop. It did miraculously come back to life a few months later, but it was never the same.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 7:08 pm
dunking my dh's shtreimel in the toilet bowl.

anonymom

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 7:35 pm
My son once left the door to the big freezer open and lots of meat and other food went to waste.

Cant think of anything else right now.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 7:37 pm
Leaving my deep freezer open!!!

And this for my neighbors kid - breaking my car window cost them a pretty penny

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 7:39 pm
Okay my son just tore my necklace, so if it can't be repaired I got something new to my list.

losingweight

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 7:55 pm
My ds flushed a square block down the toilet. The plumber had to break the toilet as it wouldn't come off. It's a colored one so we had to replace it with the same color. Pretty expensive for a toilet. This was among other expenses...

amother

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 8:02 pm
DS, who is ADHD, got it in his head one time to start throwing rocks, and hit a car with one. B"H, he didn't hurt anyone, but bodywork is expensive, and it cost us a lot to pay for the repair.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 8:09 pm
my dear three yr old watched a neighbors july 4th party and feeling jealous and sulky for not being invited, he scratched up two cars of the guests in front of our house with a nail he found lying around. It cost us over $1000 to pay for damages (we made a claim on our house insurance!)

Blueberry Muffin

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 8:22 pm
OPINIONATED wrote:
I have a friend who has a Down Syndrome child.
My friend's Down Syndrome son

oy! serious pet peeve of mine -
Son with Down Syndrome.....

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 8:39 pm
amother wrote:
DS, who is ADHD,

WORSE pet peeve of mine. Try "has" or "struggles with." Exploding anger

golden judgement

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 8:40 pm
my daughter's root canal!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 8:42 pm
Well it hasn't cost me anything bec. I can't afford to fix it, that being said DS has ADHD and has broken lots of glass from my breakfront, picture frames, he broke his door it actually fell down, B"H nobody got hurt. I have no idea how much fixing everything will be when I do have the money I would imagine at least 2,000.

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 8:53 pm
Oh, and to get back on topic, my child is still too young to directly inflict damage (I hope) so I'd have to say the worst she's done is send me to bedrest for about half a year (before she was born) - no work = serious monetary damage indeed!

pobody's nerfect

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 8:55 pm
mine are minor compared so some of these, but my kid is not even 1 1/2 yet!
when we were in israel last month, he grabbed a glass mezuzah case off a shelf in a bookstore and smashed it to the floor. after we paid for it (manny's has such mentchlichkeit- gave us the price they bought it for) the cashier asked if we wanted to keep it. I was like, um, duh? it's only a third of the case?

also, one of my nice shabbos earrings went missing and we assume it was yitz. he loves my jewelry....

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 8:59 pm
2 laptops needing fixing and had to buy a new printer.

3 broken cd players INCLUDING the one in my car!!!!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 9:12 pm
The list is too long, I think...
ds - who's diagnosed as ODD: a laptop computer, a trampoline, more doors than I can count, a number of other things which I've thankfully forgotten - and my dh's nose - which he broke by mistake this sukkos Sad Sad Sad - dh has permanent damage to his face.

Other ds: a window
Other ds: a window

can't think of anything else

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 9:13 pm
My now 5 yr old threw my laptop down when he was 18 months. cost me $450 to get a new one.

My little one threw a camera into the toilet. $150.

the biggest damage though was that my biggest one cost $50K to bring into this world and my little one cost $8K ... Very Happy

MeadowsLane

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 10:05 pm
My DS #1, when he was 3 yo, took a screw driver and took apart our entertainment system. 3 broken DVD players and VCR player. DS# 2 jammed a tape in our video camera, guess its time for a new one...
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics