Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
High Chair Dilemma

amother

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 3:18 pm
Ok Im going nuts trying to find a stylish yet practical high chair. Im researching every NORMAL looking high chair and each one has its flaws. Im looking at the Boon Flair, Valco Baby Astro, Bloom Fresco, Bloom Nano, Phil and Teds Highpod. Anyone own any of the above chairs and can give me their thoughts on it or own a different nice one? Some friends tell me that recline is important while others say its not. Some say wheels and ability to fold are important while others say its not. Some say small tray is bad while others say its ok. I really want a good chair that cleans EASILY and looks decent. Please help me!

thanks so much!!!

saw50st8

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 3:23 pm
We have a Stokke Tripp Trapp which I love, but has its own downside. It has no tray which is a good and bad thing - kids eat AT the table. They become part of the family early on. We got these kiddopotamus place mats which have a lip at the bottom to catch food. Its easy to clean and move off the table.

I didn't start feeding my kids solids until they could sit, so recline wasn't a big deal. Some people use their high chairs to put a young baby in while they are in the kitchen, which is why they like the recline. I just used a swing for that.

Wheels weren't important to me because we don't move the high chair much.

Folding is important in a small space, although I would probably just go with a small booster rather than high chair if space were a real premium.

farm

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 4:01 pm
Only have experience with the Prince Castle. It washes beautifully- looks like I buy it new every year for Pesach. I don't know why you need a highchair that reclines, it's not a comfortable way to eat. The only thing that bothers me is lack of a 5 point harness.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 4:40 pm
I'm having same problem. When I needed a highchair I went shopping all over and one looked worst than the next. all weird types. to me they look like hair cutting chairs.
Finally my sister mentioned that she's putting away hers so I tookit, now she needs it back so have to buy one.

Doris

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 4:46 pm
We just bought a Graco teatime. V happy. It's at the cheaper end, only has 1 seat position, so your child needs to be able to sit well without support. It has a 5 point harness, 3 tray positions and folds to only 18cm wide. It doesn't go up and down. It comes in pretty colours and has a wipe clean seat. Very easy to assemble.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 5:17 pm
we have a peg perego prima pappa and its great. the seat is VERY easy to clean, it folds VERY thin, it has two trays, it reclines, it has wheels.

we havent really used it much because my son would climb out of it, even strapped in, and my daughter is very small so a booster works better for her.

when open, it takes up about the space of one seat at the table.

I only used the recline when my kids fell asleep in it.

the seat also moves up and down, so it can be raised and lowered.

mom/2

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 5:30 pm
I have the Eddie Bauer high chair in natural wood. It's very nice, has a big tray (2) and the seat is machine washable. It's not expensive either. You could get it for about $100 by Albee baby. It doesn't wheel, but don't find the need for it. We just slide it along on the floor if we need to move it.

chavs

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 6:37 pm
I really like our babydan, its cheaper then the stokke and really nice and looks like real furniture. it doesnt recline though and doesnt have a tray.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics