Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Brooklyn Yeshiva?

chanamichaelah007

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 11:49 pm
I need to find a yeshiva for my 6 year old boy somewhere kinda near Flatbush. We are open to many possibilities if a school comes well recommended as we come from a mixed background (Sephardic/Ashkenazic, Chassidish BT/MO). If there's a good yeshiva in another part of the city, maybe we would move there instead of Flatbush. I guess we're open to different neighborhood possibilities as well.

nicole81

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 11:56 pm
your background basically covers every type of yeshiva. what type of school do *you* want for him?

chanamichaelah007

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 1:06 am
I want him to be safe first and foremost. It's disturbing hearing about molestation issues at one in particular. My son and I are Breslevers, so an acceptance of peyos and a chassidic perspective are important. Good middos of course. Other than that we are open.

chanamichaelah007

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 1:14 am
Maybe Yeshiva Derech HaTorah?

nicole81

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 10:27 am
I just want to preface this by saying I don't have any boys so my knowledge of schools is limited. maybe by bumping it up someone else can help you better.

derech hatorah is a great school. they are modern orthodox though, so you won't really find boys with peyos. while the education is fantastic, it might not be the right crowd for you. but I don't know you, so I can't say for sure.

a family I know who comes from a chassidish background is sending their son to ahavas torah next year. they're totally not a chassidish school but the school took them in with no problems and were very accepting. the school's only question to them was "why do you want to send here from boro park?"

I have another friend who comes from a chassidish background but aren't exactly chassidish. she *raves* about bais uvi for her son. I have been told by another friend that this is a good school for children of parents with a chassidish upbringing who are now more to the modern side (but I'm not talking about MO here.)

maybe someone else here can provide more information about schools...

chanamichaelah007

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 1:52 pm
Thank You! Great info-
I see two addresses for Bais Uvi: one on Nostrand and one on Ave N, with different phone numbers. Do you know which is the one your friend recommends? We have eclectic backgrounds, so it's a bit hard to know which way to go.

nicole81

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 2:42 pm
chanamichaelah007 wrote:
Thank You! Great info-
I see two addresses for Bais Uvi: one on Nostrand and one on Ave N, with different phone numbers. Do you know which is the one your friend recommends? We have eclectic backgrounds, so it's a bit hard to know which way to go.

I got the info from my friend: bais uvi 718-224-7884. it's on nostrand between k and l.

chanamichaelah007

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 1:52 pm
Great! Thank you so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries