Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Question about Binahs serials
1  2  Next

intrigued

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 3:48 am
We recently started getting someones old Binahs and I of course started reading the serials because I am way too curious. Some questions:

The story about Blimele. Are these people gypsies? Why was she taken? I gathered that she is keeping it a secret from her "mother" why is that? Also why is she playing along with them, doesn't she want to return back home? What time period is this?

The other story is way later so I am not going to get everything but I want to hear about Esthers relationship with Yaffa. Who is she? And how do they know each other?

If anyone would care to shed some light for me that would be greatly appreciated Smile. Thanks!

nechami1

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 5:18 am
hi, yes Blimele was taken by the Romani people, or gypsys as they are known. The author never gave any time fram from the beginning of the serial so its hard to know when this supposedly happened. I find it confusing sometimes when I read how Blimele was taken etc, how she keeps kosher, yet it has never actually said her age in the story. She could be ten, could be 15, dunno. They r suspiciously nice to her.
The other serial, I think has gone on a little too long, Esther feels as though she has a debt to repay to Yaffa, who is totally oblivious to Esthers life. She totally uses her and has and always will be dependent on others to do her dirty work. Why Esther cant see it, beats me!
I am an avid reader- I wish the Jewish books would be cheaper to buy- here in good ol' u.k they cost loads.

Debbie

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 5:50 am
nechami1 wrote:
hi, yes Blimele was taken by the Romani people, or gypsys as they are known. The author never gave any time fram from the beginning of the serial so its hard to know when this supposedly happened. I find it confusing sometimes when I read how Blimele was taken etc, how she keeps kosher, yet it has never actually said her age in the story. She could be ten, could be 15, dunno. They r suspiciously nice to her.
The other serial, I think has gone on a little too long, Esther feels as though she has a debt to repay to Yaffa, who is totally oblivious to Esthers life. She totally uses her and has and always will be dependent on others to do her dirty work. Why Esther cant see it, beats me!
I am an avid reader- I wish the Jewish books would be cheaper to buy- here in good ol' u.k they cost loads.

Nechami I don't know where in the UK you live but in Stamford Hill there is a very nice library in Lubavitch and also the regular Library has a fairly good Jewish section.

intrigued

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 3:00 pm
Debbie wrote:
nechami1 wrote:

Nechami I don't know where in the UK you live but in Stamford Hill there is a very nice library in Lubavitch and also the regular Library has a fairly good Jewish section.

Debbie the regular library doesn't have much in the Torah section. I used to go but I could never find much there. I heard that Agudah is opening a new one I would like to see what it is about.

Debbie

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 3:37 pm
Nechami I don't know where in the UK you live but in Stamford Hill there is a very nice library in Lubavitch and also the regular Library has a fairly good Jewish section.[/quote]

Debbie the regular library doesn't have much in the Torah section. I used to go but I could never find much there. I heard that Agudah is opening a new one I would like to see what it is about.[/quote]

I take it you live in Stamford Hill,now I'm going to be wondering who you are.
I remember the previous Agudah library and it was pretty good I hope this new one has a nice selection of books for our perusal.

nechami1

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 3:39 pm
Sorry but I dont live in London! You can still wonder though....!!! Yes, where I live there is a Jewish library and the Non-Jewish one also has Jewish books, but these get reserved weeks in advance, with a waiting list a mile long.

intrigued

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 3:41 pm
nechami1 wrote:

What debt does Esther have? Does it say? Also what is her relationship with he parents and who are these people who became Frum and were involved with the law?

intrigued

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 3:43 pm
Debbie wrote:

Debbie the regular library doesn't have much in the Torah section. I used to go but I could never find much there. I heard that Agudah is opening a new one I would like to see what it is about.[/quote]

I remember the previous Agudah library and it was pretty good I hope this new one has a nice selection of books for our perusal. [/quote]

Whistling I actually never knew that Agudah had one but I just saw it advertised. I only went ot Lubavitch when it opened I should go there and see what it is about. I don't have much time any more as a kid I used to go there daily with the maximum shock .

nechami1

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 3:50 pm
Esther has always felt a debt to Yaffa, if I remember correctly Yaffas mother who died, always treated Ester as her own daughter. The other part with the criminals I find boring so I usually skip that bit! For some reason Esther's parents have let her go along and become part of Yaffas life as a glorified nanny. I am assuming that Yoni, who was originally going out with Yaffa and trying to become some top politician, will end up marrying Esther. My assumptions

Debbie

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 3:52 pm
intrigued wrote:
Debbie wrote:

Debbie the regular library doesn't have much in the Torah section. I used to go but I could never find much there. I heard that Agudah is opening a new one I would like to see what it is about.

I remember the previous Agudah library and it was pretty good I hope this new one has a nice selection of books for our perusal. [/quote]

Whistling I actually never knew that Agudah had one but I just saw it advertised. I only went ot Lubavitch when it opened I should go there and see what it is about. I don't have much time any more as a kid I used to go there daily with the maximum shock .[/quote]

I haven't been to the Lubavitch library since it re-located;perhaps I should give it a go.

intrigued

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 3:53 pm
nechami1 wrote:
Esther has always felt a debt to Yaffa, if I remember correctly Yaffas mother who died, always treated Ester as her own daughter. The other part with the criminals I find boring so I usually skip that bit! For some reason Esther's parents have let her go along and become part of Yaffas life as a glorified nanny. I am assuming that Yoni, who was originally going out with Yaffa and trying to become some top politician, will end up marrying Esther. My assumptions

Oh so Yonni had been out with Yaffa. I was wondering how he knew of Yaffa. Did he have a bad taste with her? How did Yaffa's husband die?

intrigued

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 3:56 pm
Debbie wrote:
intrigued wrote:
Debbie wrote:

I remember the previous Agudah library and it was pretty good I hope this new one has a nice selection of books for our perusal.

Whistling I actually never knew that Agudah had one but I just saw it advertised. I only went ot Lubavitch when it opened I should go there and see what it is about. I don't have much time any more as a kid I used to go there daily with the maximum shock .[/quote]

I haven't been to the Lubavitch library since it re-located;perhaps I should give it a go.[/quote]

You should go it is really nice Smile. I pass by it often as I go sometimes with my baby to play in the Childrens Centre and it's on the same floor. I just don't have much time to read and between all the magazines...I am scared to walk in as I would come out with a bunch of books and no time to read.

Debbie

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 4:04 pm
I haven't been to the Lubavitch library since it re-located;perhaps I should give it a go.[/quote]

You should go it is really nice Smile. I pass by it often as I go sometimes with my baby to play in the Childrens Centre and it's on the same floor. I just don't have much time to read and between all the magazines...I am scared to walk in as I would come out with a bunch of books and no time to read.[/quote

I should go but I must be disciplined not to borrow too many books at once especially as I should be thinking about Pesach cleaning-well actually I think about it quite often it's actually getting round to doing it!

nechami1

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 4:06 pm
Yoni wasnt good enough for Yaffa, and she had already started going out with Binyomin before she broke off from Yoni! Two timing!
cant remember your other question.

intrigued

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 4:11 pm
nechami1 wrote:
Yoni wasnt good enough for Yaffa, and she had already started going out with Binyomin before she broke off from Yoni! Two timing!
cant remember your other question.

Oh thanks that really explains it. Why were people so crazy over Yaffa? How long had she been a widow for?

intrigued

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 4:12 pm
Debbie wrote:
I haven't been to the Lubavitch library since it re-located;perhaps I should give it a go.

You should go it is really nice Smile. I pass by it often as I go sometimes with my baby to play in the Childrens Centre and it's on the same floor. I just don't have much time to read and between all the magazines...I am scared to walk in as I would come out with a bunch of books and no time to read.[/quote

I should go but I must be disciplined not to borrow too many books at once especially as I should be thinking about Pesach cleaning-well actually I think about it quite often it's actually getting round to doing it![/quote]
LOL

nechami1

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 4:18 pm
She is one of those who had it all in life, looks, money etc. Esther always felt inadequate! Yaffa seemed quite relieved her hubby died as they didnt seem to get on, behind closed doors!
what do you think of the Roma story?
Also, do you read Charades in Mishpacha? I dont like it- too verbal all the time

intrigued

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 4:22 pm
nechami1 wrote:
She is one of those who had it all in life, looks, money etc. Esther always felt inadequate! Yaffa seemed quite relieved her hubby died as they didnt seem to get on, behind closed doors!
what do you think of the Roma story?
Also, do you read Charades in Mishpacha? I dont like it- too verbal all the time

Oh I'm enjoying the charades and the other one in family first is dragging too much.

The gypsies story is interesting. I want to know why Blimele was taken. Who does she have to pretend to be? How come her "mother" doesn't know who she is? why is she paying along?

Thanks for explaining the Esther Story. I found it interesting and you explained alot Smile. So you live in Manchester?

nechami1

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 4:25 pm
I may live in Manchester, there again, I may live in Leeds, Liverpool, Gatehead, Bournemouth, Glasgow.........Not giving too much away now, I only joined the website last week.......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

intrigued

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 4:28 pm
nechami1 wrote:
I may live in Manchester, there again, I may live in Leeds, Liverpool, Gatehead, Bournemouth, Glasgow.........Not giving too much away now, I only joined the website last week.......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy
Well you did write your name as your screen name. I also joined this month but I am not planning on being private so I don't really care if people guess who I am. You can PM me if you want and I will tell you who I am and you never know maybe I know you...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room