Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is a Russian or European hair sheitel worth paying double?
1  2  3  4  Next

Mevater

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 10:26 am
I went sheitel shopping this week and found these prices.

Russian - over 2,000 (price per ounce of hair is very high now)
European- just under 2,000
Oriental- under 1,000

Does anyone know what hair is used in the Milanos?

bashabelle

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 10:47 am
I thought Russian hair was supposed to be cheaper than European? At least, in Israel it is about 1/2 the price (or lower ) than a good euro hair sheital.

I dont have enough experience to answer. But hatzlacha.

lisaansell

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 8:43 pm
Mevater wrote:
I went sheitel shopping this week and found these prices.

Russian - over 2,000 (price per ounce of hair is very high now)
European- just under 2,000
Oriental- under 1,000

Does anyone know what hair is used in the Milanos?

Alas you get what you pay for in terms of quality of hair and thus longevity of the wig. I believe Milanos are made from heavily processed European hair.

csb

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 9:15 pm
Milano has two price ranges/ types of hair: Processed hair wigs are about $700-$800 while unprocessed european hair is $1100-1300. I beleive the difference between processed and european hair is the sofness and how long it looks and stays fresh and nice looking, how fast it oxidizes, etc.

sequoia

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 9:20 pm
We need a geography lesson, fast.

ChutzPAh

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 10:02 pm
sequoia wrote:

LOL

nicole81

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 10:09 pm
csb wrote:
Milano has two price ranges/ types of hair: Processed hair wigs are about $700-$800 while unprocessed european hair is $1100-1300.

No way. No one sells unprocessed european or south american hair for that price. Milano only carries asian hair and heavily processed european hair.

mevater, if you want to know what kind of hair is in the milano, you need to ask for a particular wig. it varies by piece. in my experience, heavily processed european hair is not worth the price. it doesn't look that great after a short while.

I don't know what length you were looking at, but even "just under 2000" is cheap for european hair. I would ask if it's processed.

lisaansell

Post Thu, Mar 03 2011, 10:20 pm
nicole81 wrote:
csb wrote:
Milano has two price ranges/ types of hair: Processed hair wigs are about $700-$800 while unprocessed european hair is $1100-1300.

No way. No one sells unprocessed european or south american hair for that price. Milano only carries asian hair and heavily processed european hair.

mevater, if you want to know what kind of hair is in the milano, you need to ask for a particular wig. it varies by piece. in my experience, heavily processed european hair is not worth the price. it doesn't look that great after a short while.

I don't know what length you were looking at, but even "just under 2000" is cheap for european hair. I would ask if it's processed.

I agree-if your budget is around 2K I would not go for a Milano...based on what I have seen they are not great quality. For under 2K I suggest a Tori or a Eurowig,

behappysk

Post Thu, Mar 03 2011, 10:56 pm
I agree with posters above. If you want quality and you're ready to spend $2000 you should get something better than a milano. Maybe try the Blush wigs.... decently priced and really nice wigs.
Good luck

Ruchel

Post Fri, Mar 04 2011, 7:22 am
You can find virgin European hair for 1500 euros or so. But it's rare and you have to know the sheitelmacher!

MrsMortgage

Post Fri, Mar 04 2011, 9:39 am
sequoia wrote:
Thank you!! What do they consider "European"?

By the way I have been very pleased with my argentinian hair wig.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Mar 04 2011, 9:43 am
Interesting. I don't know what kind of hair Kiki's are made of, but mine (I have two) look soft and natural and don't have to run to the sheitel macher too frequently.

My mother had an asian hair wig and the hair was much more coarse.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Mar 04 2011, 10:12 am
South American hair can definitely be European genetically, that's the thing. If you're lucky you can have European hair for a great price (for European hair).

behappysk

Post Fri, Mar 04 2011, 10:51 am
Many wigs that sell as European hair are really Russian or from South America. It's really hard to tell the difference.

marina

Post Fri, Mar 04 2011, 3:23 pm
I can't bear the thought of paying as much as for a used car as for some other person's hair on my head.

sequoia

Post Fri, Mar 04 2011, 3:27 pm
behappysk wrote:
Many wigs that sell as European hair are really Russian or from South America. It's really hard to tell the difference.

*sigh*

Asian people in Russia have Asian hair, and Russian people in Russia have European hair. There's no separate kind of people called "Russians" when it comes to hair texture.

Part of Russia is in Europe.

That's all.

ray family

Post Sat, Mar 05 2011, 1:16 pm
I have a friend who's a sheital macher.
she says much of "european" hair is really russian. parts of russia are in europe.
she's changing the wording on her ads bec. she she wants to continue using "russian" hair (its cheaper) without her clients knowing.
so if you're stuck on european hair just make sure it's not coming from the part of russia that's in europe!

Frum

Post Sat, Mar 05 2011, 1:27 pm
Gut woch. Falls are much cheaper, is that an option? I have an Asian fall and a European one. I like the fact that the texture of the European one really resembles that of my hair. So yes, I think it is worth it (but I would never pay such an astronomical amount for a wig, European or not!).

Mevater

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 10:17 am
Chayalle wrote:
Interesting. I don't know what kind of hair Kiki's are made of, but mine (I have two) look soft and natural and don't have to run to the sheitel macher too frequently.

My mother had an asian hair wig and the hair was much more coarse.
Where did you buy the Kikis and who cut them?

Mevater

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 10:18 am
ray family wrote:
so if you're stuck on european hair just make sure it's not coming from the part of russia that's in europe!
How do you do that? You have nothing to go on, other than what the seller tells you.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels