Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
"real food" that is not homemade

yaeli83

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 10:32 pm
our theme this year is a beach theme, and I'm always hesitant to make homemade things for certain familys. Examples are the Rav of the community, rosh kollel etc. (they rarely eat by anyone in the community, even though ppl keep a high level of kashrus here).

so for those families, I would like to give something nicer than junk food, that matches the themes, and is not super expensive.

ideas?

TIA

SV

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 11:00 pm
I cant help you with a beach theme but one of the best MM we've ever recieved was a deli sandwich made with a mini-roll, a tiny contained of coleslaw, a pickle and packets of ketchup and mustard. It was a perfect lunch on Purim so you are not famished by the time seuda starts. Maybe you can package it "picnic style"?

wtvr

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 11:03 pm
What are you giving everyone else? Real food or junk? Maybe we can work with your existing ideas.

Marion

Post Thu, Mar 03 2011, 4:21 am
"Beach" to me says popcorn, ice cream, and (if you believe what you see on TV) hot dogs. I know, technically, the food is supposed to be ready to eat, but what about a package of hot dogs, a package of buns, bottle of ketchup/mustard/relish, and if you're feeling daring, a container of pareve ice cream? (Obviously this has to be hand delivered...)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics