Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Info on china glatt im brooklyn?

Motheroftwins

Post Sat, Mar 05 2011, 7:20 pm
does anyone have any info on china glatt in brooklyn?

hows the food?? plz share ur experiences there....

tia!

bnm

Post Sat, Mar 05 2011, 7:58 pm
Motheroftwins wrote:
does anyone have any info on china glatt in brooklyn?

hows the food?? plz share ur experiences there....

tia!

last time we went the food was good. what type of place are you looking for?

Pinky

Post Sat, Mar 05 2011, 8:11 pm
food and services is always great!!

bnm

Post Sat, Mar 05 2011, 8:11 pm
Pinky wrote:
food and services is always great!!

I didn't have that experience.

Fabulous

Post Sat, Mar 05 2011, 8:15 pm
It's good chinese food but the service may a bit slow. The restaurant is a nicer one than a typical fast food like kd and it has waiters. Prices are typical higher end chinese.

Depressed

Post Sat, Mar 05 2011, 8:55 pm
Shang chai is !000 times better

Fabulous

Post Sat, Mar 05 2011, 9:07 pm
Depressed wrote:

It's also very far from china glatt, if the op is looking for a specific area. China glatt is like 13th and 45th and Shang Chai is by Flatbush Ave and Ave O, I think. At least half hour plus between locations.

Although I agree, Shang Chai has delicious food (and you can't beat their buffet night).

cute mommy

Post Sat, Mar 05 2011, 9:12 pm
the poo poo platter is delicious and fresh other wise everything they served tasted sour and spoiled, and service is slow.

bnm

Post Sat, Mar 05 2011, 9:19 pm
Fabulous wrote:
Depressed wrote:

It's also very far from china glatt, if the op is looking for a specific area. China glatt is like 13th and 45th and Shang Chai is by Flatbush Ave and Ave O, I think. At least half hour plus between locations.

Although I agree, Shang Chai has delicious food (and you can't beat their buffet night).

what night is buffet? and which buffet night do you recommend more- Yunkees or Shang Chai? my birthday is coming up!

Fabulous

Post Sat, Mar 05 2011, 9:51 pm
bnm wrote:
Fabulous wrote:
Depressed wrote:

what night is buffet? and which buffet night do you recommend more- Yunkees or Shang Chai? my birthday is coming up!

I don't remember, I think Tuesday or Thursday. I haven't been to the Yunkee's buffet in years (Probably ten) but IIRC, it was good (as their food always is) but not that big of a selection.

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Mar 05 2011, 10:01 pm
DELICIOUS Smile

mimi22

Post Sat, Mar 05 2011, 10:36 pm
shang chai buffet night is thursday
yunkees buffet night is monday
I prefer shang chai gr8 good gr8 service decent prices!!!

about china glatt pretty good they have good sushi their food is pretty good 2 but service is s-l-o-w.....

enjoy wherever u end up!!

Happy 2B

Post Sat, Mar 05 2011, 10:39 pm
what hechsher does shang chai have? I remember about ten years ago it wasn't very good

Fabulous

Post Sat, Mar 05 2011, 10:41 pm
ok all this talk about chinese food is making me very hungry.

Grandmama

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 12:34 am
Fujihana is also a wonderful place with very fresh and clean food.
If you like delicate taste, and excellent service, at a reasonable price, go there.
Its elegant, and beautiful.
Rabbi Gornish gives the hechsher, it is on Ave U right before Ocean Parkway

Shang Chai is on Ave R and Flatbush Avenue, and whether buffet or family style dining (they have special packages that come out much cheaper if you order a complete dinner from their choices every night) the food is also very fresh, and its a very clean place. There is always a mashgiach there.

I do not enjoy the food in China Glatt, although it would be much more convenient to eat there.
Maybe young people that dont know the difference dont mind it, but I find the dishes too greasy, too sweet and too heavy.

At Fujihana on a Sunday night, you have to wait for a table. When food and service are great, so is the demand. People that eat out a lot, go back to places they love.

goforit

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 4:19 am
happy 2be the owner from shang chai is a [gentile] but they claim only the masgisch has a key.......
I heard and don't know if its true that the owner has a trief resturant a few blockw away don't know who gives hesher
I love china glatt pupu platter and susi they have great lunch specials till 430. they also have tartikov beis din as a hechsher very stric......

centurion

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 9:43 am
China glatt is consistently average. They're not the best (for the food itself, glatt kosher family is better, as is estihana and fujihana) but I have yet to eat a bad dish from them. I love their sesame salmon. as for the dining experience, it's pretty average as well. I never had a problem with the waiters, the decor isn't an eyesore, it's not too dark or too light, it's neither too big nor too roomy, average.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries