Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
New City Mini 2011

sendamommy

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 3:01 am
I have heard there is a new City Mini out and wanted to know if anyone knew anything about it.

Younger Me

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 6:47 am
They didn't change much. They added a board for support on he back of the seat (so the seat itself is less flimsy).
They added an "upright" position, which is a Velcro strap on either side of the handle that you have to tighten if you want to make it more upright.
And they have a new color available: plum (purple and grey) which is really nice.
No major changes. The chassis is still exactly the same.

rovacat

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 8:00 am
I like those updates. those were all my complaints with the old city mini. it's a great stroller! I recently upgraded to the classic, and it's a pleasure.

loveit

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 7:52 pm
I love that they added a more upright position but they really need to fix the basket! access is awful

Chaya4

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 9:14 pm
I love those changes! cant wait to seeit in person

skazm

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 11:39 am
I went to the store yesterday and I gave them three requirements:

lightweight (I live up 20 stairs)
can survive cobblestone
can attach a car seat

and this, the guy said, was the only one that fit all of those reqs.

the adapter for the car seat cost 60 extra though, and there is no tray or anything (but I don't care bc kids throw everything off a tray anyway)

the guy at the store said that the only difference is that there's a board for support so the seat doesn't respond to baby weight like a hammock

Is this good for tall people?

skazm

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 11:40 am
dumb me was so entranced by the folding thing that I didn't bother to wheel it around Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out

will go to another store....

bnm

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 1:05 pm
I'm not tall but I like it, its a lot easier to shlep up steps than my Maclaren Quest. I do have a tray, it comes in handy when the kid is older to put their bottle and snacks

AhavatYisrael

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 11:15 am
Someone told me that the 2011 comes with a bigger basket. Is that wrong?

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 11:51 am
skazm wrote:
dumb me was so entranced by the folding thing that I didn't bother to wheel it around Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out

will go to another store....
now try wheeling around while folded....... This stroller does not do that. You must CARRY it around by the handle once folded, and it aint light. I am not a fan.

rosey

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 2:34 pm
skazm wrote:
I went to the store yesterday and I gave them three requirements:

lightweight (I live up 20 stairs)
can survive cobblestone
can attach a car seat

and this, the guy said, was the only one that fit all of those reqs.

the adapter for the car seat cost 60 extra though, and there is no tray or anything (but I don't care bc kids throw everything off a tray anyway)

the guy at the store said that the only difference is that there's a board for support so the seat doesn't respond to baby weight like a hammock

Is this good for tall people?

I suggest you give the Inglesina Zippy a look (if you're still looking). A bit more $$, but in my experience it fits those requirements and more(I live up four flights, and have carried it in one hand, the baby in the other. not for four flights, but on various occasions.)

It's amazing for support and comfort for the baby, upright to almost flat, decent basket, holds a carseat, and when you fold it (also one handed, once you get the hang of it) it stands upright and wheels like luggage. I find that incredibly helpful when I need it folded, like getting on off buses or other transportation.

See if you can get a demonstration of the carseat straps to be sure that would work for you. We use the carseat so rarely (maybe once week), that I just hold it all together from the house to the car, but there is a way to make it secure.

And has adjustable handles (although I wouldn't say we fit the tall category, so again, check that out.) Good luck
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics