Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Have you ever bought glasses online?

ysydmom

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 12:34 pm
I need to get a new pair of glasses and I wanted to know the following:

How much did it cost? Which website did you use? Were you happy with them? Would you do it again?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

DovDov

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 1:18 pm
I use zennioptical. It cost me between $8-12 per pair of glasses, plus $5 shipping on the whole order. A few caveats:

1. It takes 2-4 weeks to get the glasses.
2. Buy several pairs. One out of every four or five pairs is a little...off. It's worth it to spend $45 for four pairs even if one pair is bad and that way you have a backup for when your baby breaks your glasses so you don't need to pay top dollar for an emergency replacement.

Simple1

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 1:26 pm
From personal experience I have seen that glasses need to be tried on because you never know what will look good on you and what will look bad, or not fit, until you try them on. Sometimes we have to try on a whole bunch of pairs just to get one that looks right.

Simple1

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 1:29 pm
DovDov wrote:
I use zennioptical. It cost me between $8-12 per pair of glasses, plus $5 shipping on the whole order. A few caveats:

1. It takes 2-4 weeks to get the glasses.
2. Buy several pairs. One out of every four or five pairs is a little...off. It's worth it to spend $45 for four pairs even if one pair is bad and that way you have a backup for when your baby breaks your glasses so you don't need to pay top dollar for an emergency replacement.

That's very very cheap - are these regular prescription glasses?

1Life2Live

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 1:31 pm
I just bought prescription sunglasses from zennioptical. The total cost was around $30. I would try it again, but would be more cautious since you don't know what frames would look good. For sunglasses I was more willing to try it because I just wanted a big black frame. I think it was well worth the risk and would probably do it again.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 1:55 pm
That site now has the ability to upload a picture and "try on" the glasses. I'm thinking of getting prescription sunglasses for driving from there, since I got headaches last year from squinting. (My prescription was changed last summer, for the first time in 6 years.)

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 1:57 pm
never have because I am very picky aout glasses. But sunglasses is a good idea. Would they still be $30 if I need them to be majorly thinned?

cm

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 1:59 pm
I would love to try zenni optical, but I have worn glasses for 35 years and have learned a thing or two, one being that there is no substitute for an excellent optician who will adjust the frames "just so."

How do you deal with post-purchase adjustments? Will local opticians work on Zenni glasses? I would pay a separate fee if needed, but I'm not sure I could find someone (who makes a living off selling expensive glasses) who would do it.

1Life2Live

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 2:03 pm
Raisin wrote:
never have because I am very picky aout glasses. But sunglasses is a good idea. Would they still be $30 if I need them to be majorly thinned?

probably not. Not sure how much it would cost, but if you get a cheaper frame, it might equal out to $30.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 2:06 pm
My friend who has thick lenses couldn't get the cheapest frames off of zenni, but still it was cheaper than most brick and mortar stores.
She did have a problem with the fit by the ear, and she took it to a walmart who adjusted that part for her (did the bending thing).

Laughing Bag!

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 2:07 pm
Dh got his last pair from ZENNI OPTIAL he got 2 he got a 20$ frame plus 5$ shipping. it was a total of 50$ he wears them for almost 2 yrs they are very good maybe cheaper quality but worth the money.
Good Luck

1Life2Live

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 2:08 pm
Has anyone tried to upload their picture to zennioptical? just curious if it really works and is worth the time to re-size a photo.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 2:16 pm
1Life2Live wrote:
Has anyone tried to upload their picture to zennioptical? just curious if it really works and is worth the time to re-size a photo.
I did it for fun a few months ago when they introduced it.
It worked very well for me to see what the glasses would look like.
Not that I ordered any Smile

1Life2Live

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 2:18 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
1Life2Live wrote:
I did it for fun a few months ago when they introduced it.
It worked very well for me to see what the glasses would look like.
Not that I ordered any Smile

that sounds really cool. I guess I'll give it a try when I need new glasses.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 3:43 pm
I thought this would be a great solution to (some of) our financial woes. But it turns out they don't care my prescription or my DDs.
Does anyone know of site that would carry higher prescriptions?
I guess if we need to get DH new glasses this would be a good site to look at.

c770

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 5:49 pm
There's another site, eyebuydirect.com that's having a sale for another 5 days, buy one get one free.
I never personally bought from them, but I've heard that people were happy with them. Glasses start at 7.95 including perscription
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics