Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Red cupcake frosting

3mitzvos

Post Sun, Mar 13 2011, 10:57 am
I want to make a thick frosting to top my cupcakes for MM this Purim. The thing is, I want it to be a deep red. If I make a white frosting and then add red food coloring to it, will it turn red? or just a very deep pink? I was planning on doing a Rich Whip/vanilla pudding/confectioners sugar frosting. If you have a better idea for the frosting, let me know (there's no pareve cream cheese here that I know of).

shanie5

Post Sun, Mar 13 2011, 2:03 pm
the more of the coloring u use the darker the frosting. so a lot of red should eventually turn your frosting red.

observer

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 10:03 am
3mitzvos wrote:
I want to make a thick frosting to top my cupcakes for MM this Purim. The thing is, I want it to be a deep red. If I make a white frosting and then add red food coloring to it, will it turn red? or just a very deep pink? I was planning on doing a Rich Whip/vanilla pudding/confectioners sugar frosting. If you have a better idea for the frosting, let me know (there's no pareve cream cheese here that I know of).

Do you have a recipe for that? Is is a consistency that you can pipe?

thanks

bu2ybee

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 8:28 pm
You can use whip and vanilla pudding to stiffen the topping and make sure it sets . Red food, colouring doesn't usually turn food deep red and if you add too much you will ruin the texture of your topping making it soupy . The best thing to do is buy super red gel americolor brand and it ll turn a deep red with a few drops
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics