Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Ds's temperature is 104.3- take to doctor or wait?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 9:37 am
amother wrote:
And to answer you about why medication doesn't leave people sick forever and non-medicated, heal faster: who says they heal faster when non-medicated? And who says meds don't help? People stay away from meds cause they want the body to fight its own infection. Hashem created our bodies to do the work. Meds works INSTEAD of your body, sure it works, but as I said, your body doesn't, and what happens when your body doesn't work? It gets weaker and weaker, and if ch"v something serious comes up, the body can't fight it at all. Natural healing is just things that work naturally WITH the body, like building up immunity,....

That may explain antibiotics, but tylenol and motrin do not fight the illness, they only lower fevers and reduce pain. Somehow the body still gets better, without help from fever or meds.

Maybe Tizunabi can clarify later.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 9:51 am
Don't remember the names of amothers I'm answering to, but THAT'S why giving tylenol isn't a good idea, it lowers the fever, not allowing the body to do its job properly, fever is a good sign, its working, tylenol is good for when the childs having discomfort (its not fair to let them suffer) any natural healer will tell you: let the body fight, its good, it makes your body strong. Builds your immunity, give tylenol only if child is really suffering.

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 9:59 am
amother wrote:
Don't remember the names of amothers I'm answering to, but THAT'S why giving tylenol isn't a good idea, it lowers the fever, not allowing the body to do its job properly, fever is a good sign, its working, tylenol is good for when the childs having discomfort (its not fair to let them suffer) any natural healer will tell you: let the body fight, its good, it makes your body strong. Builds your immunity, give tylenol only if child is really suffering.

So my question remains- how did ds get better if I used motrin to take away the fever? Motrin doesn't fight infections and the fever only lasted until the motrin kicked in. By bedtime he was fine again, even without motrin.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 10:09 am
Because its the fever that weighs a person down, cause the bodys working. Hashem created a person to be run down and want to sleep when sick cause when you sleep and rest you get healed. You give your kid tylenol bringing down the fever, taking the discomfort away, but not letting the body fight. Yes your son feels better cause the motrin "numbs" his pain, but the cause of the infection is still there and now the body isn't fighting.

So I don't totally ignore it, I'm scared. I've had kids suffering from seizures, I know what its all about. So I do it naturally to "help" the body along. Garlic is known to pull out infection. People take garlic pills all the time.

If people would only know what meds do to a person.........

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 10:14 am
I'm still confused. If we're not letting the body fight, why don't they stay sick forever? Why is ds better now?

mom4life

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 11:05 am
Amother you are obviously a natural parent, but not everyone is like that. And there is conflicting evidence about everything you said in regards to sickness/fever.

Personally, I give tylonel/motrin because it reduces the fever so that the body can heal whatever is wrong with it and not have to deal with the fever as well. I know what works and I wouldn't want to play around with my kids health by using garlic ect. I do think doctors do over prescribe medication, but that doesn't mean all medication is evil.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 11:34 am
Actually I'm not as natural minded as you think, in fact I'm not SO natural minded at all (although I DO believe in it) no, I don't watch what my kids, or I eat. Yes, we eat junk foods. No we don't take vitamins (although we SHOULD) its not a thing, if you "believe" or not! Unfortunately I've seen A LOT in our family to know that dr's have no clue about anything, they know what they learn in the books. Fact is tons of people get healed naturally with things you wouldn't even believe. My sister was healed from crones, my neice is b"h healing from celiac, all naturally and NO, not on meds all their life the way people are, cause "you can lead a normal life" do you want a "normal" life on meds? Or be healthy? a person getting into natural healing will NEVER go back to meds.......cause they see the truth. Read up and you'll find out, the common sense in there.......... my sister knows a DOCTOR (physician) who became a chiropractor, and she was telling my sister about the nonsense in the medical world, its unbelievable.
Of course dr's laugh about these, first they want to make money, and second that's what they learned. "We don't know".

Ruchel

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 11:38 am
BH we don't have to suffer so much today, we have meds to lower fever and kill pain, even for animals. YES. That way we keep our energy to fight the disease. I have tried both ways (much against my will, while stranded). I recover much quicker when treated as a human being Very Happy

Quote:
do you want a "normal" life on meds? Or be healthy?

Come on...
Quote:

a person getting into natural healing will NEVER go back to meds.......cause they see the truth.

Hello!
I got healed of various things naturally, and for various things IT DOES NOT WORK, as the natural doctors said themselves.

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 11:40 am
I do agree with you to an extent. I would try the garlic and stuff like that. I just don't think doctors and medicines are good for nothing. They have their place too.

I would love to know what cured your sister from Chron's. I have a relative who's suffering from it for a number of years now.

michal817

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 11:54 am
amother wrote:
My sister was healed from crones, my neice is b"h healing from celiac

I'm curious, what exactly do you mean by healed? That they don't have the diseases anymore, or they're reducing or eliminating the symptoms by keeping strict diets? (which wouldn't actually be "healing," but rather treating/managing the disease)

amother

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 11:56 am
Worlds best mom, I can pm you if you'd like.
And btw, like I said "I'm not THAT into natural....." Actually my babys on meds right now for seizures. Yes, dr's are shiluchim from hashem for a reason, there are times when they're needed. But every time I go to the dr with my child when s/he has fever and first they say "if it lasts another day....." For x amount of days. Then they say its a virus (= I-don't-know-what-it-is sickness) come on...... And once when I took my son to the dr cause he did have fever (didn't think about the garlic then) dr checks him and says "well its not an ear infection "yet", but I see it coming, you can wait another day or 2 and ill prescribe antibiotics" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes wait and watch for my son to get sick!!!!? Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 12:00 pm
michal817 wrote:
amother wrote:
My sister was healed from crones, my neice is b"h healing from celiac

I'm curious, what exactly do you mean by healed? That they don't have the diseases anymore, or they're reducing or eliminating the symptoms by keeping strict diets? (which wouldn't actually be "healing," but rather treating/managing the disease)

NO, I mean "healed". Eliminating the symptoms and keeping a strict diet, is part of the healing. She can start eating regular foods now. If you know what crones is.....

Ruchel

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 12:03 pm
Quote:
you can wait another day or 2 and ill prescribe antibiotics" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes wait and watch for my son to get sick!!!!?

I hate that. I only go to docs who will give me the prescription now, so I can start it if I know it's coming.

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 12:03 pm
amother wrote:
Worlds best mom, I can pm you if you'd like.

I'd appreciate that.

michal817

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 12:07 pm
Yes, I know what Crohn's Disease is. Smile So now she can eat whatever she wants without worrying about symptoms? And your niece who's healing from celiac - what does that mean in practical terms? Is she able to eat foods that contain gluten, or is she just symptom-free because she's avoiding those foods?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 12:09 pm
Picture it like an open wound on your hand. If you put salt on it.........I don't need to tell you what happens. You have a choice to either keep a bandage there for the rest of your life so you'll be able to put salt on it all the time. (Normal life, with a bandage there all the time) or you can put cream on it, cover it, wait for it to heal, then you can take the bandage off and you're good to go.

michal817

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 12:14 pm
amother wrote:
Picture it like an open wound on your hand. If you put salt on it.........I don't need to tell you what happens. You have a choice to either keep a bandage there for the rest of your life so you'll be able to put salt on it all the time. (Normal life, with a bandage there all the time) or you can put cream on it, cover it, wait for it to heal, then you can take the bandage off and you're good to go.

Was this directed at me? I'm not sure how it answers my questions...

amother

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 12:15 pm
Michal, yes! My niece is now "only" symptom free, b"h getting better. She's off gluten and other stuff, not sure.
As for my sister, you can't just suddenly go back to all the foods, you have to do it slowly, b"h she can eat a lot already. She gained more than 15lbs already.

michal817

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 12:22 pm
amother wrote:
Michal, yes! My niece is now "only" symptom free, b"h getting better. She's off gluten and other stuff, not sure.
As for my sister, you can't just suddenly go back to all the foods, you have to do it slowly, b"h she can eat a lot already. She gained more than 15lbs already.

B"H, may they both continue to be healthy! So what ended up helping your sister? And how long has it been since her last flare-up of symptoms?

tizunabi

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 2:35 pm
the world's best mom wrote:
I'm still confused. If we're not letting the body fight, why don't they stay sick forever? Why is ds better now?

ok, there are many different mechanisms that help the body fight infection. Most, if not all, also raise the temperature of the body to help the body work more efficiently. When a higher temperature the body works at a faster rate (your metabolism rises by 10% for every extra degree Celsius) which means that all the things your body needs to make in order to fight infection are made faster. This means that if you treat the fever and lower it, these things are still being made, just at a slower rate.
Also there are many bacteria and viruses that will die or not be able to function at a higher temperature. The body is making uncomfortable surroundings for the infectious agent, however when it does that it many times makes you feel uncomfortable as well (you dont feel well).
So, the body can fight disease without fever. Fever just aids the whole process.

Also there are studies that show that 1)people who have the common cold and do not lower fever with tylenol/motrin suffer 1 day less (on average) from the cold.
2)fever aids the action of antibiotics (they will do their job anyway, but they do it faster with fever.

anyway..
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics