Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Is anyone here an LPN?

amother

Post Mon, Mar 21 2011, 3:11 pm
I live Brooklyn but we are planning to move to Monsey in the next 2-3 months. I was thinking of going for nursing but the LPN program seems the shortest route. I know they are restricted in what they can and can not do but can someone please tell me if you think its worthwhile or not to go to LPN school? Thank you...

amother

Post Mon, Mar 21 2011, 5:51 pm
The problem is this: RCC (Rockland Community College in Monsey) offers nursing. However, if you take the LPN course, it does not cut off any time from nursing school. So, if you decide you want to spend a few extra months in nursing school to get the $75,000 salary, you will have wasted your time going to school for LPN.

Besides, an LPN is back-breaking labor (and I know of many people who have back pain as a result).

If you are interested in a short two-year program for an LPN salary without backbreaking labor, I suggest that you look into the Physical Therapy Assistant program at SUNY of Orange county, only 45 minutes from Monsey. From what I hear, there are still jobs.

RCC offers Occupational therapy assistant, but this is starting to get flooded.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 21 2011, 5:58 pm
Also, there are no jobs for nurses in Monsey because it is flooded.

Just to clarify, if you went to school for two years to become an LPN and then decided you want to be a nurse through RCC, you will have to go to school for an additional two years (and then not get a job because it is flooded).

Your best best is physical therapy assistant at SUNY of Orange.

Try google-ing "physical therapy assistant jobs" and see what comes up.

Nicole

Post Mon, Mar 21 2011, 8:28 pm
I feel that IF you're going into nursing (a whole issue in and of itself) you may as well get an associate in nursing and become an RN. It's not that much more school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics