Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pediatric neurologist

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 1:55 pm
Can anyone recommend a Pediatric Neurologist who specializes in TIC disorders in NYC?

mummyto2

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 2:28 pm
not sure what TIC disorders are, but the pediatirc nuerologist we used for our child who had seizures was excellent. his name is dr shlomo shinnar 718-920-4378. he is great...a non alarmist..really puts your mind at ease..and he's tops in his field. pm me for more info if you need. good luck.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 4:11 pm
We have medicaid-fidelis, I went to dr. Alon Aron at mt sinai, he's excellent. Got my son off meds for siezures after 2 years, he's off since, and doing great. Now I'm there with my dd. 212-831-4393

mommee

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 5:03 pm
Not sure about the TIC part in particular but I've used Dr. Jeffrey Wisoff out of NYU and have been very happy with him and his staff.

boruchhashem

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 5:24 pm
I've used Columbia for a long time. Now switched to Dr. Danielle McBrian at Hackensack. She was at CP for a short time. Got to know her there.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 5:27 pm
mommee wrote:
Not sure about the TIC part in particular but I've used Dr. Jeffrey Wisoff out of NYU and have been very happy with him and his staff.

Isnt he a neurosurgeon- not a neurologist- major differences between the 2...

amother

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 5:37 pm
Dr. Wissoff is a neurosurgeon.
Another great neurologist is Dr. Hassan. We saw him at Maimonodies but he's also at other big hospitals. 718-283-8625. This might be Maimonodies number for his office, so if it is, I'm sure they can give you the number to reach him now.
When we were at Maimonodies we called two different referall organizations and they both told us to stay there bec. although the hospital doesnt have the best name, this Dr. is tops and is worth staying there if we will be under his care. We did and B"H have been very happy with him.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 5:41 pm
Dr. Walter Molovsky (718) 852-0803

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 5:58 pm
Have any of you who posted seen a pediatric neurologist for a TIC disorder? None of these names listed seem to have that particular interest or specialty. Looking for someone who has an interest/specialty in neurological "movement disorders"

mha3484

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 5:58 pm
Tourette Syndrome Association is a great resource for finding a doctor who specializes in tic disorders. It is beneficial to find a neurolgist that specializes in movement disorders. I am sorry I dont live in NY and cant give you a specific name. I have had issues with tics my whole life so please feel free to PM me if I can be of any other help to you.

MeadowsLane

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 8:01 pm
Dr. Naomi Lubarr at Beth Israel in Manhattan. She particularly specializes in Tic disorders and Tourette's. and she accepts insurance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics