Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
4 year old with red and painful spot on his privates

amother

Post Sun, Apr 03 2011, 10:52 am
My son has been telling me today that his "tushy" was hurting him a lot. He seemed to be in serious pain and had trouble walking. I saw that he had a red spot on the right side of his scrotum.

This happened once before and the pain passed within a few hours. When I spoke to the pediatrician about it he told me it wasn't a problem. This time too, the pain is gone after about an hour. But I'm concerned about it happening again. What can I do to help him with the pain or just get it to pass faster?

jeliela

Post Sun, Apr 03 2011, 10:58 am
Do you have any pain relieving neosporin? Also to prevent them in the future, make sure after he bathes, that you dry the area well. Also if he doesnt have already, buy him cotton bikini style underwear for boys, it hugs the area, and prevents the scrotum from rubbing against his legs when he's walking. Hope it helps =) !!!

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 8:27 am
It can be a yeast infection, that looks like raised red bumps, but there is usually more then one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics