Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Could my daughter be allergic to something in her mattress?
Previous  1  2

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Apr 06 2011, 1:27 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I'm going through "something" myself and I'm not sure what it is. It's presenting as an itch, not a cough, although that doesn't necessarily mean anything; it just means that by me, my skin is sensitive and by your daughter, it's presenting as cough. When I had whopping cough, afterwards for years I coughed whenever I was stressed, tired, etc. I got over that, BH.

Anyway, on the suspician that it might be dust mites, I put my pillow in the dryer for 20 minutes on high, changed all the bedding, and flipped my mattress.

Doesn't seem to be helping.

Try to think outside the box. Foods or drinks. Lotions. What has changed lately ?
Wow, CM, interesting because I have also been having something myself also. I can get very very very very itchy hand (and they then get swollen) and even more itchy feet (where I need a knife to scratch it is so itchy). I happen to be going to an allergist tomorrow for myself. Maybe try that route, if this really bothers you.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Apr 06 2011, 2:40 pm
So, tonight my husband bought a mattress protector. We put it on. My daughter went to sleep and she had a coughing fit again. I went in and gave her something for it.
Now what? Do I wait another night to see if it happens again? Do I just take her to the doctor anyway to see if she is sick (I really dont think so)
Should we just purchase a new mattress? I am really at a loss here.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 06 2011, 2:48 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
So, tonight my husband bought a mattress protector. We put it on. My daughter went to sleep and she had a coughing fit again. I went in and gave her something for it.
Now what? Do I wait another night to see if it happens again? Do I just take her to the doctor anyway to see if she is sick (I really dont think so)
Take her to the doctor.
Try having her sleep on one of your beds.
Then get a new mattress.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Apr 06 2011, 2:51 pm
ra_mom wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Take her to the doctor.
Then get a new mattress.
How? You mean move one of our mattresses into her room or the night? I will not have her sleep with me in my bed.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 06 2011, 2:58 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Take her to the doctor.
Then get a new mattress.
How? You mean move one of our mattresses into her room or the night? I will not have her sleep with me in my bed.
I would just get the new mattress.
But I feel bad telling you so when you don't know if that will fix things.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 06 2011, 3:22 pm
Does she always cough when she lies down? Myabe it's just the angle.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Apr 06 2011, 3:25 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Does she always cough when she lies down? Myabe it's just the angle.
no not usually.

CherryBerry

Post Wed, Apr 06 2011, 4:10 pm
It may be asthma related.
Coughing at night is often asthma related, and may just be coincidence on the new mattress.

Kayza

Post Wed, Apr 06 2011, 11:13 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

Anyway, on the suspician that it might be dust mites, I put my pillow in the dryer for 20 minutes on high, changed all the bedding, and flipped my mattress.

Flipping your matters wouldn't work. A new mattress or a mattress protector would be the only way to deal with it if that is the case.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics