Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Nicest Mikvah in Yerushalayim?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Apr 07 2011, 9:31 pm
Ill need to go to Mikvah while in Yerushalayim over Pesach. Which one is THE nicest? Not going on Shabbos or YT so it doesn't really matter where...

MiriW

Post Thu, Apr 07 2011, 11:02 pm
The one in Ramat Eshkol has been recently redone and from what I hear is beautiful. Also the one in Belz is apparently like a spa, also never been there.

amother

Post Fri, Apr 08 2011, 12:24 am
There is a mikva on Zayis Ra'anan (near Sorotzkin) it is a very nice one, so there are lots of people there - and there is a waiting room where everyone waits - which can get kind of uncomfortable. As a general rule, the nicer the mikva, the more people you will meet when you're there. From what I hear, there is an old mikva on Panim Me'irot where you never have to wait...

Also, keep in mind - whatever mikva you end up going to - that a lot of E"Y mikvaos require appointments (they'll let you in without one - not like they really have a choice! - but they're not very nice about it.)

shabri

Post Fri, Apr 08 2011, 4:33 am
Really? I've never had to make an appt in an E"Y mikvah. I've gone to Sanhedria Murchevet, Nachlaot, Rechavia, Zupnick (Rechov Strauss) and one in Tel Aviv.

The nicest by far was Zupnick on Rechov Strauss. But the Nachlaot one as well as the Sanhedria are also good.

mommyofnineka

Post Fri, Apr 08 2011, 5:26 am
I like the one in the begining of French Hill near the merkaz (it is in a little shul there). I had to go there once and the place was nice and clean and the women who worked there were the NICEST. The one in Sanhedria Murchevet is nice - they have an English speaking mikveh lady which is even nicer.

Lovingisrael

Post Sat, Apr 09 2011, 3:11 pm
I like the one in nachlaot and you don't need an appt.

wereafamily

Post Sat, Apr 09 2011, 5:17 pm
Kiryat Sanz

ploni321

Post Sat, Apr 09 2011, 11:39 pm
I've been to the one on serotzkin and the one in Ramat Eshkol, on Paran. The one on Sorotzkin is ok, but the rooms are small, and the building is older.

The one on Paran is new, CLEAN, and the preparation rooms are roomy.

I would go with the Ramat Eshkol one. Smile

amother

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 7:31 pm
Thank you all for responding! Anyone have phone #s?

Dev80

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 11:38 am
the ramat eshkol one is nice, and you don't need an appointment. I would usually get there right at tzais and never had to even wait. the mikvah ladies are cute israeli sephardi ladies. You can also do prep there, but I never did so I dunno about that so much. I don't have numbers but you shouldn't really need one you can just go. It's on paran in ramat eshkol opposite the yesh, there's a big sign that says mikvah tehara and it's just down those stairs. The first time I went dh was able to come and go food shopping in yesh, so it was nice not to have to walk there and back myself and he had something to do.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 3:56 pm
a different OP here.... do all the mikvaos mentioned have mikva ladies who speak english? what's the one with nicest mikva ladies? it's intimidating enuf to go to a mikva in a strange city.

Shuly

Post Mon, Apr 25 2011, 3:37 pm
amother wrote:
a different OP here.... do all the mikvaos mentioned have mikva ladies who speak english? what's the one with nicest mikva ladies? it's intimidating enuf to go to a mikva in a strange city.

I think most of the ladies in the American areas know basic English. All you have to know how to say is "ambatya" if you want a bath, to do the preps there.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 19 2012, 9:58 pm
Does the Mikvah in nachalot have baths?

shabri

Post Thu, Sep 20 2012, 2:28 am
Yes and the nicest Mikva ladies

amother

Post Thu, Sep 20 2012, 7:12 am
How much is it with a bath? Do they have basic supplies or do I have to bring? What time do they close Sukkos time?

amother

Post Thu, Sep 20 2012, 7:13 am
How much is it with a bath? Do they have basic supplies or do I have to bring? What time do they close Sukkos time?

amother

amother

amother

:) :)

Post Thu, Sep 20 2012, 10:54 am
Its 30 shekel with a bath. If you go a half hour before shkiah u can go straight in probably without waiting.
They give you a towel, disposable slippers and a packet with sponge, soap and shampoo.
I think they close at 10pm in summer but it could be earlier now that the clocks are moving back.
Their phone no (I think) is 02 6255560 or 02 5665745.
Personally I think the new mikvah in harnof is stunning!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions