Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
I'm going crazy from these Mosquito bites!

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 7:09 am
I realy dont know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last two nights before going to bed I slathered my legs in calamine lotion and still I was up so many times during the night scratching like crazy. I never had such a hard time with mosquito bites before, ususaly if I leave them alone they wont bother me but now the itching is unbearable. Is it possible that my pregnancy is making me more sensitive to them?! Some of them have even bled, this never happened to me before! Please any ideas?????????

supermom

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 8:26 am
I realized what helps is that if you have your window open or not a fan blowing keeps them away.

yoyosma

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 8:30 am
This may be an old wives tale, but I heard that pregnant women are more attractive to mosquitos.
A fan blowing is a good idea, because they are strong flyers and will blow away!

shopaholic

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 9:51 am
You too? Over the past few days my legs, feet & ankles have been bitten up. Only me, not the kids or DH. I'm going crazy from the itching. I think I'm gonna put on socks instead of pantyhose when I get home. Maybe they won't bite through.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 9:53 am
at the risk of an ayin horah, my bites are pretty well faded.....

su7kids

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 10:46 am
I heard if you eat garlic, your blood won't be so yummy to them. It doesn't help the itches you've already got, but maybe calamine isn't enough, maybe it needs a benedryl cream. Do they make such a thing?

yoyosma

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 3:11 pm
Yes they do. Dermoplast is good too.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 4:01 pm
benadryl is prety strong but she might need it.....

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 4:02 pm
My husband is bring me home some claritin samples after work today, my ankles are so swollen and hard and hurting! Im waiting for relief!

Nomad

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 10:08 pm
nothing - not benadryl, calamine lotion, hydrocortisone, socks - was helping me with my misquito bites...and I was scratching them in my sleep so they were getting huge and bloody too!
I finally found something that helped...to put a piece of masking tape or regular tape if you dont have (but masking tape is better) over the bite

for some reason you cant feel the itching with it on!

relief!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics