Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dd 11 months not crawling yet

imab

Post Mon, Apr 11 2011, 8:31 am
Hi,
my third dd is not crawling yet. She is happy and healthy (a little on the small side weight wise) babbling holding clapping laughing a lot, but not crawling. When I put her on her tummy she will look at toys, pick her head up and down and sometimes scoot a little backwards but that's it. When I try and get her to stand, she just waves her legs around. My doc (here is israel) has recommended a visit to the neurologist, and the machon l hitpatchut hayeled (child development center), which we will do, but I'm curious if any of you have had this experience and know what the normal range is? My older two were definitely crawling by now.

obagys

Post Mon, Apr 11 2011, 9:11 am
My 3rd child also did not crawl by 11 months. Or 12 months or even 13 or 14 months. I think he finally started sort of slithering around by 15 months. He didn't walk until 22 months! And about 3 days after he learned to walk, he tried "walking" down the steps, broke his leg, and wound up in a cast (and back to crawling). *sigh*

There was nothing really wrong with him other than very poor muscle tone. The doctor also mentioned a possible vitamin deficiency, but he was a huge eater and not picky, so not sure if that was really true.

In any event, definitely have your child checked out for an underlying cause, but don't be too worried, this kind of thing can be very normal.

sky

Post Mon, Apr 11 2011, 9:15 am
My ds #1 was on the HUGE side and didn't crawl until 12 months. I didn't do anything and he started crawling at that point. (Its also his personality, he is VERY laid back, so I wasn't worried at that point)

However it might be smart to look into it. My SIL's daughter wasn't crawling at 13 months, and she went for therapy, she had to pay out of pocket in Israel, but after a very short time she was crawling. They gave her excersizes and activities to do with her dd and they really helped.

happylaughter

Post Mon, Apr 11 2011, 10:29 am
my ds almost 14 months was now approved for therapy he doesnt crawl he scoots around sitting position, wasnt able to sit up by himself when he was on his tummy... thats what made me really concerned! I had him evaluated by the 12 months through step by step it took around 6 weeks till I got approved. I must say therapy is magic I had my therapist three times and he sits up by himself already I would suggest you have him evaluated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics