Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Man's "beautician" needed!

bubby

Post Mon, Apr 11 2011, 5:20 pm
Everyone thinks (we know!) that imamother is the primary source for reliable consumer info. So someone asked me to find a place where a frum male teen can go for a facial. Apparently he has terrible skin & a good clean out can help him heal & give the creams etc a chance to work.

I haven't a clue so I'm turning this over to you!

Yocheved84

Post Mon, Apr 11 2011, 7:11 pm
Most facials at spas are performed by women. I'm assuming this young man can't be touched by a woman? I think I might know of other options in the West Village...let me do some thinking. (Do you think he'd be comfortable in the Village?)

bubby

Post Mon, Apr 11 2011, 7:15 pm
I have no idea. embarrassed I should ask his mom!

Yocheved84

Post Mon, Apr 11 2011, 7:23 pm
Btw, after a facial, you break out for a few days. Also, some people say that a facial isn't necessarily the best for the skin. What does his dermatologist say? Once my brother went to a dermo and got antibiotics and heavy duty skin cream, his acne calmed down big time. . .

bubby

Post Mon, Apr 11 2011, 11:07 pm
She says he's been to every dermatologist worth his salt. Poor guy is very embarrassed. I was sure there must be some male beautician somewhere, this city has everything, no matter how weird. Guess he's out of luck.

mammele26

Post Tue, Apr 12 2011, 1:02 am
bubby wrote:
She says he's been to every dermatologist worth his salt. Poor guy is very embarrassed. I was sure there must be some male beautician somewhere, this city has everything, no matter how weird. Guess he's out of luck.

I don't think he's out of luck... Mario Badescu in Manhattan also has men performing facials.

Yocheved84

Post Tue, Apr 12 2011, 2:56 am
bubby wrote:

Oh no! I didn't mean to imply that he's out of luck--just that it's harder to find, harder to make an appt, etc. We're still in the city with everything Smile

Has she heard of Dormer medical spa? http://www.dormermedicalspa.co......html and http://www.dormermedicalspa.co......html

bubby

Post Tue, Apr 12 2011, 7:36 am
I'll pass on these suggestions, thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries