Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Mishpacha Family First- Fruit Sorbet (3 layer)- is it good?

Mevater

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 3:54 pm
In recipe section that has "Edible Ice Box" on the cover. It's made with Kiwi, Strawberry, Mango.

Anyone tried it and has an opinion? I think its from last year. It doesnt have a date.

stem

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 4:04 pm
I never tried that exact recipe, but I've made 3 layer sorbet with those 3 fruit. It's good, but not worth the time and energy (IMO). At the end of the meal almost every plate had the kiwi and mago layers left melting on it... next year I just made strawberry sorbet and it was perfect.

Savta012

Post Sat, Apr 16 2011, 11:47 pm
I made it and it was delicious but a RIDICULOUS amount of time-
You have to process all the fruit and freeze each layer separately- When they are fully frozen many hours later you whip up one layer then refreeze it in separate pans then do the same with each of the two other layers- literally took a whole day to finish whipping and freezing- Not worth it!!!!(And certainly not at this point in your preparations).

Now I make the individual lemon ices- squeeze lemon juice heat with water & sugar then freeze- I whip it once and then spoon into the lemon shells that I keep. Fairly quick to make and very refreshing- also easy to serve as they are individual

Enjoy

Mevater

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 3:18 am
Savta012 wrote:
I made it and it was delicious but a RIDICULOUS amount of time-
You have to process all the fruit and freeze each layer separately- When they are fully frozen many hours later you whip up one layer then refreeze it in separate pans then do the same with each of the two other layers- literally took a whole day to finish whipping and freezing- Not worth it!!!!....
Thanks!Im going to try it and not wait til all the layers are solid frozen. Worst comes to worst, they'll blend a bit and Ill have a rainbowy effetct. ; )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics