Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Gorgeous tsnius wedding gown on jcrew.com of places
1  2  Next

MamaBear

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 11:20 am
Shocking (and beautiful)! so I thought I'd share Smile

http://www.jcrew.com/womens_ca.....7.jsp

freidasima

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 11:22 am
A metziyah, get two...

Ruchel

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 11:26 am
2500, right? It's expensive for such a simple, simple dress.

The wedding gowns on this site are nothing to write home about, oy!

Last edited by Ruchel on Fri, Apr 22 2011, 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

freidasima

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 11:30 am
Exactly. Ruchel I haven't seen you on much lately, how were your sedorim?

Ruchel

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 11:33 am
BH this year DD knew more than ma nishtana and really sung along most songs! it was really leibedik and joyful Very Happy
You?

MamaBear

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 11:42 am
lol I didn't mean anyone should buy it, just that modest wedding gowns generally aren't mainstream.

octopus

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 11:42 am
it's so plain. my gown that I bought was much cheaper and much prettier! so it wasn't satin.....

I went to a bridal store, had it built up for me to make it tznius and paid $1000 for petticoats, gown, veil, and crown. It was really $1300 but the owner knocked off $300 because my mom had given her a lot of bridal business over the past couple of years (I have a lot of sisters...). I loved my gown.

DrMom

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 11:43 am
I like the minimalist style.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 12:01 pm
Mine was just under 2000 dollars with the accessories, Belgian lace veil, "puffy", modest but not tznius (there was one shop selling tznius gowns that were cheapo, think synthetic, and HIDEOUS and that was it, we saw all the shops in the area and took the tzniusest, which wasn't in a Jewish shop btw - BH it was also gorgeous). One day I'll have to wear it for Purim!

For my civil, 500 dollars
for all

I love wedding gowns and kinda "collect" interesting pics. IYH Mati will have hers done before she starts going in shidduchim so she doesn't have to hurry and take a ready made one like me LOL

kitov

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 12:24 pm
Ruchel wrote:
IYH Mati will have hers done before she starts going in shidduchim so she doesn't have to hurry and take a ready made one like me LOL

You have you're whole life planned out already, huh? LOL

Ruchel

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 12:55 pm
LOL I do plan a LOT in advance and BH it avoided me some problems... I'm told planning ahead is a Poylish thing!

self-actualization

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 3:19 pm
That's a great picture! You look gorgeous! It's the kind of photo that Vogue uses (fancy woman surrounded by native people). Smile

kitov

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 3:39 pm
Ruchel wrote:
LOL I do plan a LOT in advance and BH it avoided me some problems... I'm told planning ahead is a Poylish thing!

Being a quarter Polish, this statement explains why I'm the planner for the next century in my family...thanks.

lamplighter

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 3:48 pm
I actually don't care for the gown at all.

Ruchel gorgeous pics!

Happy18

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 4:16 pm
I would change the waist. I dont think that it would flatter most people. Its nice that they made a tznius wedding dress, I would love to see them make a tzinus dress for everyday. I love Jcrew but their stuff is frequently too short for me. If they made tall that would be awesome.

Nomie

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 4:17 pm
Love love love this, and just posted it on facebook. BTW, if anyone on this site is friends with me on facebook, I totally blew my cover!

MommyZ

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 4:36 pm
This is my gown and it cost less then that. It's also plain although not as plain and the skirt is a lot more full. It also has a train and I had the lining added to the top part.

Last edited by MommyZ on Sun, Apr 24 2011, 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total

MamaBear

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 4:52 pm
This was my gown - but for an extra amt, the designer made a new pattern for the top so that it was tsnius (round neck) without the "built up" look. It was still cheaper than the jcrew dress and had a tad more bling. The overall look was somewhat simple b/c of the lines, no big skirt. The link below is a random one on ebay but it appears to be these odd knockoff brands they sell online. The dress was definitely not $185....well it was a decade ago, maybe it depreciated a lot. Smile

http://cgi.ebay.com/Demetrios-....._1202

Last edited by MamaBear on Fri, Apr 22 2011, 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

MamaBear

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 4:54 pm
Btw, Mommy z, ours gowns both have bell sleeves they were so popular for frum gowns at the time!

saw50st8

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 4:56 pm
my gown was similiar but much less :-)

And Ruchel, you were a beautiful bride.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics