Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Cold lunch (or dinner) recipes

DovDov

Post Thu, Apr 28 2011, 10:47 pm
I don't have a hot plate and I hate having a crock pot on in the summer. On the other hand, every week I struggle with what to cook for Shabbos lunch.

Please, please share your recipes or ideas. Our only dietary restriction is no nuts.

Thank you!

de_goldy

Post Thu, Apr 28 2011, 11:16 pm
A few ideas - shnitzel, angel hair pasta salad (or any pasta salad really), franks n blanks, deli roll, potato salad, cold cuts, wraps, deli salad, devilled eggs.

chanahlady

Post Thu, Apr 28 2011, 11:32 pm
My DH looooves this recipe. Easily served cold or at room temperature:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07......html
Pasta With Cherry Tomatoes and Arugula
By MARTHA ROSE SHULMAN

I’m a big fan of uncooked tomato sauces for my summer pastas. This one is very popular in the Southern Italian region of Puglia, and in my house right now, because my cherry tomato plants are producing lots of ripe tomatoes every day. Arugula adds not only wonderful flavor (all the more if you can find peppery wild arugula), but also a nutritional leafy greens punch.

1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved if small, quartered if large

1 plump garlic clove, minced or put through a press (more to taste)

Salt to taste (I like to use a very good coarse sea salt or fleur de sel for this)

1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (optional)

1 cup arugula leaves, coarsely chopped

1 tablespoon slivered or chopped fresh basil

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

3/4 pound fusille, farfalle, or orecchiette

1/4 cup freshly grated ricotta salata or Parmesan (more to taste)

1. Combine the cherry tomatoes, garlic, salt, balsamic vinegar, arugula, basil, and olive oil in a wide bowl. Let sit for 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.

2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add a generous amount of salt and the pasta. Cook al dente, until the pasta is firm to the bite. Drain, toss with the tomatoes, sprinkle on the cheese, and serve.

Yield: Makes 4 servings

Advance preparation: You can make the tomato and arugula mixture a few hours ahead.

saralea

Post Thu, Apr 28 2011, 11:39 pm
sesame noodles, chicken caesar salad( caesar salad with grilled chicken) my friend makes a turkey "roast" and serves it room temp. Also, I've served regular turkey room temp with a cranberry relish so its not so dry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus