Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Charades and Tangled Ties- Family First serials
1  2  3  4  Next

Mama Bear

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 12:28 am
How do you all think the 2 serials are coming along? I love them but I thinkt eyre getting a bit shleppy, ,especially Charades. I've come to expect a whole issue of shlep, and the last paragraph is a major cliffhanger!!!... and then youw ait a week, an the next week the episode is about someting entirely else, ending with another cliffhanger that either ends up being nothiing or we wait 2 weeks to find out what it is....

Tangled Ties is rather itneresting too, it's a very strong character story about various dynamics between parents and kids, husbands and wives, and controlling parents/spouses. I'm enjoying the human interest aspect of it.

sarahd

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 3:22 am
I agree with your analysis of both stories.

chavamom

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 1:28 pm
I'm enjoying Tangled Ties. I agree with you about Charades and really wonder where that one is going.

realeez

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 1:30 pm
Tangled Ties was getting on my nerves for a while but I hung on and am enjoying. I found with that story that for a while, each week ended as a cliffhanger and she didn't continue on that note. (Like: "oh no the house is burning down" - to be continued... "after the fire trucks left, brachi said to her mother...") I like Charades but it does seem to be stalling.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 9:15 am
OMG!!! this week should be 'SERIAL WEEK'... charades, waiting for the Rabbi (and even tangled ties) are AMAZING!!!! Enough dilly dallying with cliffhangers.... The Waiting for the Rabbi twist is finally out, I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING... and Charades - YES, YES YES!!! finally a realistic and sensible way to handle domestic abuse while still 'respecting' all the parties, LOVING the last few paragraphs and Gila's newfound guts. LOVE IT.

realeez

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 9:29 am
I didnt get mishpacha yet bit we have a guess how Eli, Mimi and the Rabbi will all connect!

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 9:35 am
I didnt have a clue. it was shocking.

suomynona

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 9:37 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I didnt have a clue. it was shocking.

He hinted to it a few weeks ago.

sarahd

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 10:02 am
I am only going to be shocked if Eli's new project does not involve getting the Rabbi to agree to give up his shul building to these real estate guys. That's been my guess since he had the meeting with those people. (I haven't received my Mishpacha yet.)

PinkFridge

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 10:37 am
I guess since I only started reading it recently I didn't see it coming. But this week's installment makes it pretty obvious.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 11:08 am
SarahD, ding ding ding ding ding!!! I didnt see this coming at all.

sarahd

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 12:58 pm
Maybe I should take up writing serial stories for Mishpacha.

realeez

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 10:38 pm
We thought right over here Smile

Mama Bear

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 3:17 pm
I'm a little disappointed at the total 180 Charades did last week Sad. Gila let him back in so easily? No couples therapy? It's almost as if the entire story until here went out the window.

And wll the tzibbur ever be informed that they ate traif meat at the dinner???

AlwaysGrateful

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 3:43 pm
They already were informed, weren't they? They just thought the guy pulled one over on Mottie. Right? Or did I miss something?

But I agree with you on the disappointment. I think the idea was that last week, it ended with her starting to cave, he was sweet talking again. So I guess the insinuation is that she fell for it.

das

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 3:48 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I'm a little disappointed at the total 180 Charades did last week Sad. Gila let him back in so easily? No couples therapy? It's almost as if the entire story until here went out the window.

I think the story said she let him in-but not to sleep. They're separated.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 3:48 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

Yeah, it was strange that suddenly he was home. I was wondering what I missed.
At this point, the only logical ending I can envision is justifiable homicide.

intrigued

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 8:16 am
Wow!! what happened this week? Do you think Mottie walked in and scared the kids? I wonder how Gila will react! This is the worst thing that could happen as it is at a major event for her and everyone will be talking about it. Bad enough she is already the talk of the town.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jun 10 2011, 1:53 am
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I finally understand why "for a fool you dont show a half finished work"... the groundwork was laid all this time for this amazing clim@x.... yesssss, good for Gila for showing to all battered women how NOT to let themselves be walked all over (andhow an abuser tends to remain an abuser).... this is just incredible.

ILOVELIFE

Post Fri, Jun 10 2011, 1:45 pm
I was cheering for Gila this week! Now I have this pit in my stomach that she won't keep it up and then I'll HATE her!!! Tangled Ties is moving slowly and some weeks I like it more than otehrs but in general because it's not that heart stopping, elevated blood pressure thing-- I like it in a different way but also a lot
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room