Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Are Shevys worth the price? What company would U recommened?

Chanie

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 1:36 pm
I won a gift certificate for $1400 towards a Shevy. I would have to put an additional $1400 + to get a nice sheitel. I've never owned a Shevy before (all my sheitels have been custom from scratch or cheaper sheitels) If I didnt have to put down additional money, I definitly go for it. My question is, is it really worth it or should I try to sell the gift certificate and go for a different brand?
Looking for advice from anyine who can offer some input.

NativeMom

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 1:37 pm
I had a new shevy and it had to be sent back to fix the hair because it kept getting tangled, and then they lost it so I'm not very happy with them right now.

hw

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 1:58 pm
I have one shevy and I always have ppl asking me if I got a new sheitel when its 2+ yrs- It looks/feels GREAT!!!

Chloe

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 2:23 pm
The Shevy cheaper line is abour $1800 depending on the shaitel macher. So it's only additional $400. I would certainly go for it.

pinchanygo

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 2:57 pm
I had a Shevy that I wore everyday for 8 + years and it looks brand new still.

Chayalle

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 3:37 pm
Like chloe said. You should be able to get a decent Shevy for under 2K. So I would definitely go for it.

To answer you question, my sheitel macher sells mostly Shevys and Kikis. She recommends one over the other based on color match. I happen to have a Kiki because the color was closer. My sister got a Shevi. We both love our sheitels. They are in the 16-18K range.

checkbefore

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 3:43 pm
I got 2 Shevys for under 2000 by my sheitel macher. I wear them Shabbos and Simchos and they are really nice. My Kiki was 1600 and I love it for everyday in a pony, or blown down for a casual event. If you go directly to Shevy I think you will be overcharged.

justmarried123

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 3:48 pm
I have 4 different brand wigs and Shevy is by far the best one. It is totally my favorite. I can really tell the difference in the hair.

esther s

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 3:55 pm
if you want a good sheital, you are not going to get one for under 1400!
shevys are the most beatuiful sheitals, in my opinion. like many posters here have said, go to a sheital machar, not to shevy directly. they will be more helpful and will stand behind their products.
congrats on winning!

Raisin

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 4:02 pm
I got a shevy for about $1400 2 years ago and it is still great. But now it would probably cost more.

sky

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 4:28 pm
My SIL recently got a middle tier shevy - 14" - for 1500 and it looks great. If you want the top of the line you'll have to pay over 2000 but I think you can get a decent Shevy for under that.

sequoia

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 7:26 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Like chloe said. You should be able to get a decent Shevy for under 2K. So I would definitely go for it.

To answer you question, my sheitel macher sells mostly Shevys and Kikis. She recommends one over the other based on color match. I happen to have a Kiki because the color was closer. My sister got a Shevi. We both love our sheitels. They are in the 16-18K range.

You mean 1600-1800, right?

I hope...

das

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 10:00 pm
Love my Shevys, hate my other one. The 1800-one that I have-the elite is sleek. The 2400-dollar one, the mb is bouncier.

SDARY

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 10:28 pm
I got a Renaissance from chaya halon and its considered the "new" shevy with better customer service. I LOVE mine and get compliments all the time....

FASMA

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 11:07 pm
I bought 2 shevys and I know they were around 2000, so its only 600 more... All I could say is that they are great! I had a very rare hair color, a big range of blond colors. I thought I wouldnt find a shaitel that was MY color without dying it and guess what???? Shevy had it!
Its still beautiful and please get it cut with the guy that is there in the mornings. He is really good! People have stopped me in the street more than once to ask me where do I dye my hair, who cut it, where did I buy my shaitel and many other things like that
Good luck
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels