Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to remove carpet stains...carpet looks so dirty

dare2dream

Post Thu, May 05 2011, 4:19 pm
Any tips?????

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 05 2011, 4:23 pm
There's a carpet shampoo that you can buy at the hardware store. Follow the directions.

amother

Post Fri, May 06 2011, 4:43 am
My carpet is terribly stained too. I've been trying all different cleaning products and was on hands and knees scrubbing. Nothing much happened. I suggest if its really bad professional cleaning or I'm living in a rented apartment I asked my landlord for new carpet. I couldn't get visitors in house it was so bad:-/

Mommastuff

Post Fri, May 06 2011, 11:25 am
ra_mom wrote:
There's a carpet shampoo that you can buy at the hardware store. Follow the directions.

I also have that problem. I rent and the carpet is also filthy. Landlord won't replace carpet, it's up to us. I've tried the carpet kit cleaner and it made a difference, but not that much. Besides, it gets dirty again so quickly!!

I wish there was a way to see what kind of flooring is below. I hate having carpeting now.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 06 2011, 5:31 pm
Mommastuff wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

I also have that problem. I rent and the carpet is also filthy. Landlord won't replace carpet, it's up to us. I've tried the carpet kit cleaner and it made a difference, but not that much. Besides, it gets dirty again so quickly!!

I wish there was a way to see what kind of flooring is below. I hate having carpeting now.
I know, I hate carpet too.
We don't have any carpeting now. When we did, I would spot clean with the carpet shampoo and a scrub brush on a stick.
When I got really sick of the way it all looked, I had it done professionally.

amother

Post Sat, May 07 2011, 9:29 am
Home Depot--for $18 (L'Chaim?) plus $6 for carpet cleaner, you can rent a professional-grade carpet cleaner for 4 hours, $25 for an entire day (24 hours). *Note that is a job for DH.* Our entire apartment is wall-to-wall carpeting. The only caveat to this is that I don't think it would be easy to do this on carpeted stairs. Ask them at Home Depot. If not, Sears will come to your home and do it. Stanley Steamer is just too expensive. Also, check the local neighborhood coupons that get mailed to you--you should see quotes from local cleaners. Of course, nothing beats the $25 from Home Depot, and its' the same machine they use.

(I hate the carpeting--terrible for allergies, terrible for accidents, especially since they carpeted the dining area, and the carpeting is beige! Bad for muddy days. Did I mention that the other surfaces are slippery? Anyhoo.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry