Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Washington heights anyone?

amother

Post Mon, May 09 2011, 10:40 pm
I will be there this summer, dh will be very busy over the summer, so I have to occupy dd 18 months. I know it will be very hot, and I'm not really planning on bringing her on the subways quite yet. Any suggestions or things for us to do in the heights with in walking distance of YU?

tia

MommyZ

Post Mon, May 09 2011, 10:46 pm
amother wrote:
I will be there this summer, dh will be very busy over the summer, so I have to occupy dd 18 months. I know it will be very hot, and I'm not really planning on bringing her on the subways quite yet. Any suggestions or things for us to do in the heights with in walking distance of YU?

tia

Hey. You won't be too far away from where I live. There is a playground that has sprinklers on 188th and Amsterdam. There is also a playground on the other side of the Heights in Fort Tryon Park that has river views (Hudson River). It isn't as large as the playground on Amsterdam Ave but it's very nice. Both playgrounds have nice breezes coming off the river and sprinklers to cool off in. If you are more comfortable with buses, I sometimes take my kids on the bus down the Central Park to play there. They have sprinklers at those playgrounds as well. I have a seven year old, a five year old and a two year old. Feel free to contact me if you'd like.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating