Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
If your kid gets OT, and your in the catskills in the summer

SingALong

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 1:44 pm
What do you do? Do you skip a whole summer of therapy and just continue in September? Do you get a different therapist up in the country? How does it work if it's provided by BOE or health insurance? Or are most kids only mandated for 10 months?

If you do get OT in the summer how do you find a therapist in the catskills thru an agency? Word of mouth?

lizard8

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 3:03 pm
I know of a girl who had a degree in special ed or was a therapist (not sure) and worked in the catskils. She was working there only in the summer, for kids who went to bungalow colonies.

It is a shame to lose 2 months of OT in the summer, unless you want to give the kid a break (and its not desperate). Do you still have ad pamphlets from last year? They probably have therapists advertised.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 6:25 pm
if your child has a 12 month mandate there are OTs that work in the mountains! Check your mandate first, and call the agency that provides your therapy year round, they might have therapists inthe mountins.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 6:26 pm
Yeled VYalda has therapists up in the catskills. but if your kid is over age 5 I doubt he has a 12 month mandate. check his IEP.

SingALong

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 8:02 pm
k thanks for the info!

the world's best mom

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 8:30 pm
Some kids have a 12 month mandate, but at that age they usually get 10 months. That means that even kids who stay in the city wouldn't get summer therapy. You have to find out what your son's mandate is.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics