Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Clear Cream Recall
1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 12:24 am
Clear cream has been recalled and the FDA says there is a steroid in it. My baby totally relies on it and without it has rough rashy irritated skin. Anyone have more info on this? Are you still using it?

Ima'la

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 12:41 am
I don't know anything about it, but if there is a steroid in it, that would explain why it works so well. I would recommend visiting a dermatologist, who may prescribe a steroid cream - but then it would be used with FDA approval and under medical supervision and probably for a limited time.

willow

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 7:14 am
Are you sure? I was sure it says all natural on the container.
Just last week I bought it in the health food store because people were stopping me telling me about this miracle cream that worked for their babies. I used it on my son 3 days and his red patchy cheeks were clear.
Now I am nervous.

Laughing Bag!

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 7:47 am
when I was trying to get rid of ds terrible rash, someone ugested I try this mirracle cream. However because no other cream had helped iwas a bit unsure and then my sis said "how natural can it be and cure like that there must be something fishy"
Now this recal explains it im glad I didnt get it, a it cost alot of money and then I would just have done more harm on ds sensitive li'l tush Wink

rydys

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 9:21 am
I think the recall is ridiculous, they should just have him put the steroid component on the label. I believe that the product is "all natural" and that he did just put in the herbs and plant extracts that are on the label.

However, when an herb has an effect on the body, it is due to a naturally occurring chemical in the plant. As I and several other doctors have said all along, one of those herbs must contain a natural steroid.

In the US, when someone ingests a plant or uses and extract from a plant, it is called "natural". When a pharmaceutical company studies the plant and figures out what the active ingredient, and extracts and sells only the active ingredient, that is called "medication." However, either way the person is exposing themselves to the same active chemical.

Clear cream works very well, but should be used sparingly just as any other steroid cream would be. I don't think this is a case of intentional lying or deceit, just a case of suddenly realizing that herbs are medications, too, and should be treated as such.

amother

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 9:28 am
Clear cream works. period. I will continue to use it for myself. In my 20 odd years of searching for creams that work I finally found one. Why would I give that up??!?!?! I had serious Eczema growing up and my parents had no choice but to use steriod creams on me. Now My eczema is not nearly as bad and I have not used cortizone in years but if I had a major flare up and nothing could clear it, I would not hestitate.
Clear Cream works and I need some now but cant find it anywhere. Im desperate!

Chayalle

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 9:36 am
I think it's fine to use clear cream just so long as you are aware you are using a steroid and you treat it as such. It's ridiculous to tout "natural" vs. cortizone, when they are essentially the same thing. Both should be used under medical supervision, sparingly.

FYI My sister is a pediatrician, and she avoids prescribing steroids for facial use. It can cause "thin skin" and leave permanent red skin behind. I can't remember what, but there's something else she recommends for face - non steroid but also potent.

Chayalle

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 9:37 am
amother wrote:
Clear cream works. period. I will continue to use it for myself. In my 20 odd years of searching for creams that work I finally found one. Why would I give that up??!?!?! I had serious Eczema growing up and my parents had no choice but to use steriod creams on me. Now My eczema is not nearly as bad and I have not used cortizone in years but if I had a major flare up and nothing could clear it, I would not hestitate.
Clear Cream works and I need some now but cant find it anywhere. Im desperate!

My DD gets relief from cortizone cream, and when it's bad - betamethisone which is prescription strength cortizone. As you can see, if you've been using clear cream, no reason not to use cortizone, they are both steroids.

Barbara

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 10:13 am
I've posted this before:

http://www.totalrecallinfo.com.....23428

In particular, FDA analysis revealed the presence of up to 0.037% Betamethasone Valerate, a corticosteroid.

From what I've read, it is virtually impossible that this was a by-product of other ingredients, or a simple error.

As to the recall, it is due to the labeling error. People have been touting this stuff because they don't want to use corticosteroids. In fact, however, that's exactly what it is.

miky72

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 10:21 am
Clear Cream works.
Do you understand that 0.037 is a minuscule amount in comparison to the 1% corticosteroid cream sold over the counter in the US.
This recall sounds ridiculous to me.
I'll ask my sister to send it for my 2 year old from Israel.

amother

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 10:47 am
Sorry, but are you guys crazy????
Do you know how harmful steroids are for children? My ped. said do NOT use whatsoever. The company lied, it isn't natural at all. Why do you think they suddenly can't send orders to the U.S.?

Use at your own discretion.................don't come back complaining in 5 years about the harmful damage.

Barbara

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 11:09 am
miky72 wrote:
Clear Cream works.
Do you understand that 0.037 is a minuscule amount in comparison to the 1% corticosteroid cream sold over the counter in the US.
This recall sounds ridiculous to me.
I'll ask my sister to send it for my 2 year old from Israel.

Actually, the prescription strength is .5% to .1%, not 1% So Clear Cream is about 1/3 to 75% (there have been reports of this higher concentration) of prescription strength.

It hasn't been approved for use on children. No one knows if it passes through breast milk.

Yes, this appears to be a bad actor, committing fraud on the public by deliberately misleading people as to the contents of a product.

miky72

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 11:16 am
Personally I trust more the Israeli Health department than the FDA.
Clear cream is approved by the Israel Ministry of Health.
To the person who called us crazy for using steroids on children:do you have children/infants with sever eczema?That scratch themselves to blood?Please think a little before calling other people crazy.

Barbara you are probably right about the .1% and those are OVER the COUNTER not prescription drugs.
So clear cream has 73% less steroids than over the counter cream in the US.
Sounds better to me.

Liba

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 11:22 am
Considering how sparingly I use steroids on my kids with bloody eczema (and myself come to think of it) and how much I slather on a good natural cream trying to avoid steroid exposure, they could very easily get more steroids from this "natural" cream than they ever would have from the steroids we are always looking to avoid.

It is the trickery and deceit and taking away a parents choice to avoid steroids that is upsetting.

Barbara

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 11:24 am
miky72 wrote:
To the person who called us crazy for using steroids on children:do you have children/infants with sever eczema?That scratch themselves to blood?Please think a little before calling other people crazy.

Barbara you are probably right about the .1% and those are OVER the COUNTER not prescription drugs.
Sounds better to me.

Nope. That's PRESCRIPTION STRENGTH.

Everything I read indicates that there is no way that this could have been a natural by-product of plant ingredients. IOW, this company appears to have deliberately includes is corticosteroid in its product, then deceived the public by marketing it as an all-natural, steroid free product.

That makes me worry what else they're doing that they're not telling us about.

No thanks.

miky72

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 11:32 am
In NYC you can buy them over the counter.
Clear Cream has my vote.

lollygirl

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 11:38 am
Barbara wrote:
miky72 wrote:

Sounds better to me.

Nope. That's PRESCRIPTION STRENGTH.

Everything I read indicates that there is no way that this could have been a natural by-product of plant ingredients. IOW, this company appears to have deliberately includes is corticosteroid in its product, then deceived the public by marketing it as an all-natural, steroid free product.

That makes me worry what else they're doing that they're not telling us about.

No thanks.

Thumbs Up Well said!

amother

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 12:11 pm
I'm at a total loss at what to do though. My baby relies on this cream. Without it he is an itchy mess and scratching all day. His skin feels rough without it. What would you do? I first started this due to the doctor's recommendation. Have a call out to the doctor about it.

Queen18

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 12:36 pm
For those who don't care about the recall I bought a stash when I found it at a store and could not get it anywhere in Boro Park or Flatbush. If you want to buy pm me. I will sell for regular price plus what I paid for shipping to get it and shipping to get it to you.

nechamad

Post Sun, May 15 2011, 6:58 am
Have any of you tried an allergy medicine like zyrtec or claritin? It seems to help my kids with their eczema.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics