Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Blanket? or blanket cover?

Twizzlers

Post Thu, May 19 2011, 10:55 am
I'm purchasing a linen set for my 4.5 year old who is getting a big boy bed iyh this week. I am torn between getting a set that has a matching blanket, or using a blanket I have already and purchasing a set that includes a blanket cover.

which way would you recommend and why?

thanks

shoshina

Post Thu, May 19 2011, 10:57 am
We always had duvet covers growing up-- much much easier to just wash them with the linens, and if there's ever a *real* disaster, you'll be throwing away an old blanket instead of a new one that is the only one that matches DS's bed.

May

Post Thu, May 19 2011, 7:02 pm
Definitely a blanket cover, it is so much more hygienic. How often do you wash a blanket vs. how often do you wash your linens? Especially for a young child who is likely to have an accident every so often (at best). Even if you say that you would wash the blanket often, a blanket cover takes up much less room in a washing machine and repeated washing diminishes the life/quality of the blanket.
One other benefit of a blanket cover, in the summer when it is too hot for a blanket, you can use the empty blanket cover as your sheet and it still matches the bed.

The only benefit I can think of to using a blanket without a cover is that it is easier to change the linen.

gold21

Post Thu, May 19 2011, 7:10 pm
those of you who think blanket covers are more hygienic: 1. cant you wash blankets just as easily as you wash blanket covers? I wash blankets all the time. 2. when a child wets his blanket cover, isnt the blanket wet also? then they both need to be washed. what do you gain with a blanket cover? the wetness goes through to the blanket usually.

Simple1

Post Thu, May 19 2011, 7:51 pm
I have found that washing the blanket often, makes it less puffier, and flatter. I don't know if that would be different with a good quality blanket often, I have the cheaper kinds.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, May 19 2011, 8:34 pm
The only reason I opted to get a blanket cover for my daughter's linen is because I already had very boyish blankets leftover from her brothers...this way I could use that without buying a more expensive set that had a blanket too. I much prefer the blankets. As gold said, it needs washing if there is an accident even with a cover, and changing the linen is so much easier. In addition, she'd constantly pull her blanket out of the cover which was not exactly the point of having a matching set....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics