Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken recipes to freeze using chicken breast peices?

Raisin

Post Sun, May 22 2011, 3:44 pm
I have LOTS of chicken breast (10 pounds) leftover from our lag beomer bbq. need to cook and freeze, something I can use for shabbos maybe.

thought of breading and frying to serve with a sweet sour sauce but I am so wiped out, and I'd rather cook the chicken today in case it won't be good tomorrow. (it was taken out of freezer on friday)

any other ideas? should I just cook it and freeze to be made into chicken pot pie or something?

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, May 22 2011, 3:52 pm
Slice then thinly, pound and make into schnitzel (admittedly time consuming but I think it's worth the effort)

Alternatively, you can slice/pound the same way, but instead of egging/breading, you can marinate those thin escalopes into BBQ sauce or salad dressing (Italian or honey mustard goes nicely), and broil them (make sure you don't over cook). Sauce/dressing keep them moist-ish.

Or just poach them (don't overcook again) with an onion cut in quarter, a few celery stalk, and a peeled and chopped carrot. Save the liquid for chicken broth/soup. Once cooled, cut chicken breast in cubes. You can use it for stir-fry, chicken salad, best of all coronation chicken (I've posted recipe here before).

If you still have leftover, you can grind them into mince, make into wonton or chicken meatballs (delish served with chicken soup).

Raisin

Post Sun, May 22 2011, 3:58 pm
they are already cubed. I think I will bread and fry at least some of them, (to serve with sauce) becasue I have frozen that before and it came out good. and I can use them on shavuos!

OOTBubby

Post Sun, May 22 2011, 4:04 pm
There's a great recipe here someplace for Bourbon Chicken. I've made it both with breast meat and thigh meat and it gets rave reviews.

If you can't find it, let me know and I'll post it here for you.

Lady Godiva

Post Sun, May 22 2011, 4:28 pm
Egg and flour them (or bread them with unflavored breadcrumbs) and then when you defrost them you could make them into sesame chicken.
The sauce is really easy to make, if you want I can type it up for you.

Raisin

Post Sun, May 22 2011, 4:42 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
Egg and flour them (or bread them with unflavored breadcrumbs) and then when you defrost them you could make them into sesame chicken.

thats what I am doing. I've done half so far...I'll see if I can finish them.

ootbubby, not sure which recipe you are talking about. I found two, but they both use whole peices.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, May 22 2011, 4:48 pm
Raisin wrote:
Lady Godiva wrote:

thats what I am doing. I've done half so far...I'll see if I can finish them.

ootbubby, not sure which recipe you are talking about. I found two, but they both use whole peices.

This is the one I use:

Bourbon Chicken

2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1-t tbsp. olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
¼ tsp. ginger
3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
¼ cup apple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tbsp. ketchup
1 tbsp. cider vinegar
½ cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce

Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook just until lightly browned. Remove chicken. Add remaining ingredients to skillet, heating over medium heat until well mixed and dissolved. Add chicken and bring to a full boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Don't overcook as chicken will get dried out.

Serve over hot rice.

Serves 4
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey