Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Selling silver

sporty

Post Mon, May 23 2011, 3:18 pm
I have a pair of candlesticks that I never use so I would like to sell them.
Does anyone know a place that gives a good price that I can go to?
Thanks.

bobeli

Post Mon, May 23 2011, 5:34 pm
pm me for the phone #

Grandmama

Post Mon, May 23 2011, 5:54 pm
Most silver stores will only give you scrap value, and then resell it for a profit. If you can sell it privately you can try to recoup more of what its really worth. Get estimates from a few places, and remember that the price keeps going up and down, so two weeks ago you could have gotten higher, and maybe in a month it will be higher again.

life'sgreat

Post Mon, May 23 2011, 8:37 pm
I recently sold some silver. I tried a few places to see where I'd get the most.

Happy 2B

Post Mon, May 23 2011, 8:54 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
I recently sold some silver. I tried a few places to see where I'd get the most.

so where did you get the most?

momo4

Post Mon, May 23 2011, 9:06 pm
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I was also curious how much silver is worth now.
What would someone get say, for a pair of candlesticks. I know each ones a different size and all, but was wondering if anyone can give an example of something they sold, and how much they got for it...
Thanks

life'sgreat

Post Mon, May 23 2011, 9:10 pm
Happy 2B wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:

so where did you get the most?

Well, I was looking to 'trade in', as I wanted to buy a piece of silver and was told that I'd get a better deal if I sell it at a place that I can buy the silver. I did get the most there.

life'sgreat

Post Mon, May 23 2011, 9:13 pm
momo4 wrote:
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I was also curious how much silver is worth now.
What would someone get say, for a pair of candlesticks. I know each ones a different size and all, but was wondering if anyone can give an example of something they sold, and how much they got for it...
Thanks

It goes by weight, not size. And it varies by what the place offers so it's impossible to give you a price.

However, I can say that I traded in 2 single candlesticks and got back a bit more than what was paid for them 10 years ago.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries