Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Oprah finale

avi0903

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 9:38 pm
Anyone into Oprah? Or even if not, have you been watching the last few shows?

I've watched her on and off over the years. I definitely respect how she pulled herself out of poverty in Mississippi and built herself into an empire. Incredible drive, work, focus, and of course talent. Not just that, but in the early years when people were doing trash TV, she decided to only put on shows with a positive message. I remember when her ratings dropped, and she stuck with her shows with positive messages.

What bothers me sometimes is she seems to think she is on a mission of some sort, almost like a religious mission.

After today's finale, she sort of confirmed it. It was a very spiritual show. I liked it, I don't think anyone of her stature has ever come out and spoken so eloquently about her beliefs, and her certainty that everyone has a mission and purpose.

Anyone see it? What did you think?

Mama Bear

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 9:57 pm
you do know whom she's named for?... the bibilical Orpah, Ruth's sister in law and Naomi's daughter in law...

dee's mommy

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 10:49 pm
I suppose that to anyone who doesn't know the fate of Orpah, (specifically that she is the grandmother of Golias,) it seems like a religious name. I believe the name was chosen because "it is from the Bible."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics