Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Flatbush eruv

amother

Post Sun, May 29 2011, 8:08 am
are there any rabbis that hold that the eruv in flatbush is ok?? If yes, which ones?

nicole81

Post Sun, May 29 2011, 10:30 am
when I lived there over 10 years ago, the rabbi (dovid simpson) from young israel of kings bay told the congregation it was ok to use.

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, May 29 2011, 12:42 pm
My friend asked the munkacs rav, if she could use it and was told yes. Also a chassidish Rav named Rabbi Mandel, (E 13) says its ok and even wrote a small sefer on why it is OK.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, May 29 2011, 7:43 pm
amother wrote:
are there any rabbis that hold that the eruv in flatbush is ok?? If yes, which ones?

Are you shopping for a rav who will give a heter? Why dont you just ask your own rav if you need a heter? Rolling Eyes

I personally do not know anyone in Flatbush who uses the eruv. I have seen some very modern people carrying.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jul 05 2015, 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Sun, May 29 2011, 7:57 pm
I have seen many chasidim use the eiruv, I don't know which Rebbe's specifically allow it.

peppermint

Post Sun, May 29 2011, 8:19 pm
amother wrote:
I have seen many chasidim use the eiruv, I don't know which Rebbe's specifically allow it.

I know many Ger chassidim who use the eruv in Boro Park but I dont know anyone how uses the Flatbush eruv.

saw50st8

Post Sun, May 29 2011, 10:00 pm
When Rabbi Goldstein was at Kingsway, he allowed it.

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 11:45 pm
peppermint wrote:
amother wrote:

I know many Ger chassidim who use the eruv in Boro Park but I dont know anyone how uses the Flatbush eruv.
I know a few chassidim who use it. As I posted there are at least two highly reliable chassidic rabbonim who hold it is kosher.

amother

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 11:52 pm
As I recall Rav Moshe Feinstein zt"
l specifically wrote that it is ossur to make an eiruv in Flatbush and several years back when they made a new eiruv the Four most prominent Rabbonim in flatbush HaRav Shmuel Berenbaum zt'l as well as Rav Aaron Shechter shlita, Rav Feivel Cohen Shlita (one of Americas Foremost poskim) and Rav Hillel David shlita all said that it was ossur.
The Munkacher Rav btw lives in BP not Flatbush as for R' mandel is'nt he the one who wrote a whole sefer trying to prove Rav Moshe zt'l was always wrong?

ysydmom

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 11:53 pm
If I am not mistaken I think it was Rav Moshe Feinstein Z"TL who said that bec. of Ocean Parkway there is no way to make an eruv or something to that affect.

I think it's half and half depending on your rav and what they hold.

In any case even if there is an eruv it should only be used for things that are nessecary for shabbos and you get more s'char if you don't use it at all.

amother

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 9:27 pm
Its not half half - hardly any people use the new eruv that didn't already use the old exsisting one that has been there for ages. I have only heard of some chassidish rabbis saying this new one is okay (but the old one not) all the other rabbanim locally stick to what R Moshe wrote.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 11:16 am
Most of the chassidish rav's allow it but you do not see to many chassidim carrying publicly because it is just not done in flatbush.

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 5:44 pm
amother wrote:
l specifically wrote that it is ossur to make an eiruv in Flatbush and several years back when they made a new eiruv the Four most prominent Rabbonim in flatbush HaRav Shmuel Berenbaum zt'l as well as Rav Aaron Shechter shlita, Rav Feivel Cohen Shlita (one of Americas Foremost poskim) and Rav Hillel David shlita all said that it was ossur.
The Munkacher Rav btw lives in BP not Flatbush as for R' mandel is'nt he the one who wrote a whole sefer trying to prove Rav Moshe zt'l was always wrong?

R moshe paskened the way he did because the people who spoke to him lied(family member was involved in it way back when). Also he did not assur any eruv, he wrote that he leaves it up to future poskim to decide. There are quite a few reliable rabbonim to rely on, if you choose not to hold by it its fine by me. I happen not to use the eruv, but I know many people who do, and I would never go and say its assur, there are people with more halachic knowledge then myself who have OKayed it.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Sat, Jun 04 2011, 11:08 pm
Mommy3.5 wrote:
amother wrote:

R moshe paskened the way he did because the people who spoke to him lied(family member was involved in it way back when). Also he did not assur any eruv, he wrote that he leaves it up to future poskim to decide. There are quite a few reliable rabbonim to rely on, if you choose not to hold by it its fine by me. I happen not to use the eruv, but I know many people who do, and I would never go and say its assur, there are people with more halachic knowledge then myself who have OKayed it.

Are you sure about this? Because I know that R' Belsky, who was a close talmid of R' Moshe, doesn't hold by the an eiruv in Flatbush, and is vehemently opposed to it, as a result of R' Moshe's psak. I would think R' Belsky would know the real story, it's queer to think R' Moshe would pasken from some people who spoke to him and lied.

Mommy3.5

Post Sat, Jun 04 2011, 11:20 pm
the eruv is not the same as the one presented to RMF. And yes, he never gave an actual psak on it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions