Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Tom and Lynette Scavo-can their marriage be saved?
1  2  Next

das

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 6:01 pm
Just caught up on Desperate Housewives. The demise of their marriage is something we couldve predicted from season 1.

So what do u have to say. Tom's fault? Lynettes? Both?

I'm on Tom's team. Dunno why he stuck qith her all these years...

auntie_em

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 6:12 pm
LOL, I saw this and thought "What? Now we are going to discuss actual people we know, by name??"

I didn't recognise them as TV characters...lol

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 6:12 pm
oh ........... tv ............

Chocoholic

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 6:23 pm
I think it is really not nice the way Tom is treating Lynette. She always supported him, took a backseat on her own (very succesful) carreer to please Tom, supported him when he wanted to run his own Italian restaurant (that failed). They had a bunch of kids because Tom said they'd be able to manage... Bottom line she always stepped down for him.. and now she needs support and Tom is earning big bucks.. I think they need serious therapy.

junam

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 6:26 pm
Where are you up to in series 7? Whats happeneing? We only just watched as beth killed herself.

das

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 6:32 pm
I think that after years of being emasculated for the first time, as a result of his job Tom feels like a man. U cant be a high flying executive by day and a doormat at night.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 6:33 pm
They are on a summer break now. You can watch everything at http://www.cucirca.com/2007/05.....line/ or at the website of the broadcast company if you are in the states

das

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 6:33 pm
Your not in the US? I dont have a tv-I watch hulu. D u want spoilers-the season is done.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 6:35 pm
das wrote:
Just caught up on Desperate Housewives. The demise of their marriage is something we couldve predicted from season 1.

She stepped down for him for all her life, they had all the kids because he said they could handle, she supported him in his failed restaurant attempt.. put down her own very succesful bussiness carreer for him... and now that he's succesful.... NOTHING Twisted Evil

das

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 6:39 pm
True-she is a good person-but men CRAVE respect-and thats one thing he never got.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 6:52 pm
das wrote:
True-she is a good person-but men CRAVE respect-and thats one thing he never got.

True, she should respect him more. But he's kind of a bum. Remember him going to college?

im here!

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 6:55 pm
I love that its put under shalom bayis Wink

I think they are both at fault. they never respected each others!!

windowsill

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 6:55 pm
I love the way this is on the shalom bayis thread! lol!
I don't live in US so I have to wait until the DVD comes out. Looks like the story has taken quite a twist... can't wait for the next season to be released!

Chocoholic

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 6:57 pm
windowsill wrote:
I don't live in US so I have to wait until the DVD comes out. Looks like the story has taken quite a twist... can't wait for the next season to be released!

You can rewatch ALL episodes since the pilot here: http://www.cucirca.com/2007/05.....line/

das

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 7:06 pm
im here! wrote:
I love that its put under shalom bayis Wink

I think they are both at fault. they never respected each others!!

Actually I think Tom respects Lynette.

And Chocoholic, his college days were childish, but when u have a Mom, you sometimes act like a kid...He DOES have a childishness to him but he never got a chance to become a man with her.
I think Lynette craved a different type of guy-a take charge, masculine type and was trying to rework him...

And actually there are SB lessons to learn from them, so it belongs in this thread! Very Happy

windowsill

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 7:07 pm
Chocoholic wrote:
windowsill wrote:

You can rewatch ALL episodes since the pilot here: http://www.cucirca.com/2007/05.....line/
Thanks!

amother

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 7:15 pm
Chocoholic wrote:
das wrote:

She stepped down for him for all her life, they had all the kids because he said they could handle, she supported him in his failed restaurant attempt.. put down her own very succesful bussiness carreer for him... and now that he's succesful.... NOTHING Twisted Evil

I know this isnt real at all, bu I totally disagree. she may have supported him in the end, but it was hardly ever without emasculating him and trying to manipulate him to do things her way FIRST. how is that healthy? she never stepped down to him, she was usually put in her place.

das

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 7:21 pm
amother wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:
das wrote:

I know this isnt real at all, bu I totally disagree. she may have supported him in the end, but it was hardly ever without emasculating him and trying to manipulate him to do things her way FIRST. how is that healthy? she never stepped down to him, she was usually put in her place.

Agreed. And sadly there are many real life self sacrificing men and women who act like Lynette,

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 7:37 pm
I'm totally Team Lynette. True, she emasculates him, but Tom just bugs me. He always has. He just acts like such a complete idiot sometimes! And like Chocoholic said, she would give in to a lot of his stupid ideas, sacrificing her own happiness for him.
And sometimes it was really good for him to be emasculated. Anyone who thinks they're getting high on weed when they're really smoking parsley deserves to have the two switched.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Aug 21 2020, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

das

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 8:13 pm
This was no arranged marriage-she married him this way and therefore should accept him. It is NEVER good for a man to be emasculated.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics