Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
What does your typical dinner menu look like?

esther s

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 6:28 pm
I need ideas!
what does your week menu look like

bubble gum

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 6:53 pm
Well, heres the way I do it.

Sunday- fleishigs
Monday-leftovers. I go grocery shopping on Monday, so its nice not to also have to cook dinner.
Tuesday-fleishig
Wednesday-fleishig. I also grocery shop on wednesday so something easy- in winter, usually crockpot. In summer- bbq.
Thursday- pareve or milchig

Basically, for the fleishig nights, I do one night chicken on the bone, one night chicken cutlet, and one night ground beef/turkey/chicken.

I made myself lists of supper ideas by category- so I have a list of chicken on the bone suppers, a list of cutlet suppers, and list of ground beef suppers, and a list of pareve or milchig suppers. Whenever I try something new and we like it, I add it to the list.

So when I make my menu for the week, I am just choosing from lists. makes it simple.

Fabulous

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 6:59 pm
Every week is different but an example of simple food I make:

Kishka stuffed chicken or stuffed with cold cuts (different recipes)
sweet potato either fries or cubes (both baked)
cole slaw

General Tso's chicken
steamed broccoli
fried brown rice

eggplant parm
sauteed green beans

meatballs and spaghetti

hamburgers on george foreman
sweet potato fries baked
salad (often with cold cuts)

salmon
mashed potatoes
veggie kugel

broiled chicken (which I don't really make cuz dh doesn't like chicken on the bone)
rice with vermicceli
steamed veggies

minute steak
sweet potatoes
roasted veggies

beer battered meatballs
lokshon kraut (cabbage and noodles)
salad

gold21

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 7:03 pm
like Bubblegum, I like to do one chicken breast meal, one chicken on the bone meal, and one chopped meat meal each week.

this leaves me undecided 2 nights a week, cuz I cant do dairy (my son is allergic) and I dont usually have leftovers. the undecided nights usually end up being another chicken breast meal and one pareve meal like eggs, tuna patties, etc...

I wish I had more ideas...

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 9:20 pm
Sunday night - Shabbos leftovers. I cook extra chicken and cholent for Shabbos so we can have it for Sunday.
Monday - fish. I alternate between flounder, tilapia, and salmon. Currently I've been making salmon with a side of couscous because my son likes it.
Tuesday - chicken, either cutlets or on the bone. Tonight was grilled chicken wraps. I often make chicken lo mein or baked chicken on the bone with some sort of sauce.
Wednesday - beef. This is usually chopped meat, so it ends up being tacos or meatballs.
Thursday - milchigs/pareve. I make lasagna/baked ziti, mac and cheese, grilled cheese, or tuna patties. DS and I are fine with this, but DH will usually eat it and then go out and buy himself cholent from the nearby takeout store.

runninglate

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 11:07 pm
I was going to start a thread on the same topic. I basically do sun - leftovers from shabbos. Mon- chicken tues- chick cutlets and by weds im stuck! I dont know what to make with chopped meat besides meatballs - any good recipes? That wld be weds. And thurs? Dh doesnt like fish and I try to avoid fattening dairy meals, though we both like them. Also, sunday leftovers are usually chicken too so I sometimes feel like all I make is chicken . Id love some advice.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Tue, May 31 2011, 11:42 pm
Last week:

Sunday: Pepper steak with cous cous
Monday: leftovers from shabbos
Tuesday: stuffed squash with rice
Wednesday: Chicken Lo mein
Thursday: fettucini alfredo

Sometimes I do chicken on the bone, shnitzel pastrami sandwiches, schwarma, chicken pastrami roll ups, meat loaf... Penne vodka, lasagna, ziti

SV

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 10:20 am
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....t=700

fiddle

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 10:53 am
my blog is all of my basic recipes and meals

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 10:55 am
I usually do chicken 3 times- usually chicken breast once, bone-in chicken another time, and then dark cutlets

Meat once a week

And no cook on Thursday nights (usually Parve or dairy, or combination of both as we have allergies)

sgr

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 11:06 am
Sundays usually left overs
meat once
fish once
chicken twice<baked/roasted and shnitzel
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics