Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Gehenom

shira

Post Tue, Oct 03 2006, 12:39 am
I know this is a funny/morbid thing to think about but I read before YK in the sifsei chayim that gehenom is the knowledge of all the kochos hatumah that were created when you did an avairah that are now part of your neshama.

I've heard also that gehenom is finally understanding the amazing closeness that you could have achieved with the RBSO but didn't because of your avairos.

In addition, I've heard that gehenom is having your whole life flash in front of you on a screen- avairos and all- even the bad stuff you did in private.........and everyone sees- especially the people that you hurt....

Obviously we don't strive that yiras haonesh be our ultimate goal but it certainly does help a bit to imagine whats going to happen when we're in the midst of that battle with the Yetzer Hara......

Anyone have any ideas to add about this?

ceo

Post Tue, Oct 03 2006, 12:44 am
Shira, as I've stated before, we must live parallel lives, because I have learned all of these same concepts as well- except from the sifsei chaim. That's pretty amazing to think about the kochos ha-tuma. Might stop me from doing an aveira if I thought about it that way!

Where in the sifsei chaim is this discussed? I think I'm interested in learning it.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 04 2010, 3:54 pm
What if you do tshuvah?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics