Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Paperific notice about food stamp card

amother

Post Fri, Jun 03 2011, 7:01 am
I was recently in paperific and saw a notice that you can now have your food stamp card replaced via mail if you call a number over the phone and report your card not swiping. They even had a recommendation of how and when to call as your card becomes inactive for a few days.

I would like to know if anyone has done this successfully. Was the process smooth?

Please advise.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jun 03 2011, 7:50 am
I think that's more or less the 'medicaid' card, I dont know if it'll swipe like a food stamps card will. I wish we could do it; mine has stopped swiping ages ago and dh has no time to go get it replaced (his name is on it.)

5S5Sr7z3

Post Fri, Jun 03 2011, 7:59 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I think that's more or less the 'medicaid' card, I dont know if it'll swipe like a food stamps card will. I wish we could do it; mine has stopped swiping ages ago and dh has no time to go get it replaced (his name is on it.)

Call up Medicaide and tell them. I used to work in a grocery, and we always used to ask customers to call them for replacement cards if theirs doesnt swipe. All it takes is a phone call.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 03 2011, 8:11 am
OP here: used to be when you called them up they would deactivate your account and then you still had to go down to actually pick up the new card so I was wondering if this number you actually get it mailed to you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics