Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How many loads a week
1  2  Next

natmichal

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 10:19 am
How many loads of laundry do you need to do per week? I feel I'm not doing so many, but people remarked on how often I hang out the wash.
Please state how many people you are laundering for, and if you use a bigger than standard machine.
Thanks!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 10:25 am
I use my in-laws' 4.0 cu ft machine (front loader, no agitator) and do about 4-6 loads a week for the 6 of us. I don't have time to do more, or I would. They're FULL loads, and our towels/linen don't get washed as often as I would like.

Alef Bais

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 10:28 am
Too many Smile

I have the Whirlpool Duet Sport front loader, so I can do big loads. I think I must do at least 5 or 6 loads a week.

With every kid you have, laundry multiplies. THIS is a math equation they should teach in school, it actually applies to real life.

obagys

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 10:28 am
I actually have no clue what size my washing machine is - one of the larger capacity machines though. We're a family of 8 k'h and I do approx. 4 loads a week.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 10:45 am
Oh, also winter I fill it up more with heavier sweaters than smaller and thinner t-shirts...

We have a lot of white clothes, so that is a load and a half which ends up being 2 loads (one in middle of week, one Sunday).
One colored in middle of week.
One light on Sunday.
One dark on Sunday.
And then extra for hand wash/towels/linen...whatever that week has time for Smile

amother

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 10:56 am
1 - before you get all jealous...

DH has to shlep all our laundry (about 3 hampers full) to the car and then into the laundromat. He then uses an 80 lb machine for everything and then has to shelp everything back home including a whole bunch of wet stuff we don't put in the dryer because we don't want it to shrink.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 11:23 am
I used to think it was a load a per per person, but it's not, really. It depends on the age of the person - smaller kids wear smaller clothes so you can fit more in the machine; of course they get dirtier faster than older kids do.

It also depends on the size of the machine.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 11:25 am
Two adults, two babies. We probably do at least 2-3 loads a day.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 11:29 am
On average, 1-1/2 load per day.

ray family

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 11:32 am
I have a standard Israeli front loading machine (6? kilos?)
I do minimally one white one dark and one colored. plus one load of towels one load of linen and shmattahs as needed-can be once a week more often it's every other week. I usually end up w/ two whites and two colored loads (so that's a total of 6-7 loads per week)
btw we're only a family of 5 but I hate seeing my kids in dirty clothing and I hate it when my laundry basket is overflowing.

mom2be1

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 11:34 am
Were just the two of us but I end up doing 4 loads a wk-colored, whites, linen, and towels. Sometimes I'll throw in another quick load if we need something... we have the conveinence of owning a machine.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 12:33 pm
3-4 loads a day. Israeli washing machine, maybe 5 kg load. 2 adults and 5 kids. I don't overstuff the machine, and like to separate thoroughly, so my loads may be less than other people's.

sarahd

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 12:49 pm
Front loader, 6 kilo machine. I do at least 6-7 loads a week, but usually half the loads are not the full 6 kilos.

natmichal

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 12:49 pm
ok, so I'm not sooo bad
we have a 6kg machine, 2 kids and one baby
I have 1 white, 2-3 colored per week
+ one of towels and one of linen per week (one week adults' linen, one week the kids') although sometime I don't get to this.
and 2 loads for cloth diapers.
so that's what? 5-6 loads +2 for the diapers.
Just wondering how the person who commented on me has so much less with her 3 kids (and the comment was said before the baby came, so there were no diapers)

pickle

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 2:41 pm
I try to do all my laundry on Sunday one load after the next. I have a smallish/regular sized machine (don't know the size but its a stackable washer and dryer). For my family of 6 I do about 5-6 loads a week, sometimes more if we had sleepover company on Shabbos.

groisamomma

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 3:26 pm
I do 6-7 loads w/o linen. Every second week I do linen, which makes it 8 or 9 minimal. I fill up one entire load Motzei Shabbos with just the tablecloths from Shabbos! I must have a smaller machine than the rest of you.

energy11

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 4:10 pm
I have a large size american machine.
I wash 2-3 loads a day and 5-7 on Sunday.
We are a large family (seven kids) and I love to wash linens, tablecloths etc.. and no dry cleaning at all.

Marion

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 10:00 pm
Until 2 weeks ago we had a 6kg AEG front loader. I do 2 loads/week of diapers. 1 load/week of whites. And 4-5 loads/week of colours (lights/darks separate). Linens get thrown in with an appropriate coloured load. We're 2 adults and 3 kids. I have one hamper we all use and I can't stand seeing it overflow.

2 weeks ago we had to replace the machine; got an 8kg LG front loader. I'm not doing less laundry but my clothes are sure getting cleaner...I'm no longer overstuffing the machine, there's room for the stuff to move! Also, because the new machine weights the load, I've moved to 2, smaller white loads a week (motzaei Shabbat and midweek)...so I get to the Shabbat shirts & tablecloths sooner and I have fewer stains...

Happy 2B

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 10:05 pm
wow! By me it's just me and my hubby and I also have front loaders and still do about 3 a week!!!

Marigold

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 10:32 pm
2 adults 2 kids
I can easily do 4 loads a day (or more). Sometimes I feel like my life revolves around laundry laundry laundry.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry