Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Rice N'

BlueSatin

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 12:35 pm
What can I add to rice? Which sauce? Spices? Veggies etc...how do you make ur rice- in a pot or in the oven?

Strawberry2

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 2:36 pm
rice goes well with any sauce-I tend to serve it with mushroom sauce if I cook it on the fire. I bake it in the oven with vegetables too.

BlueSatin

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 4:10 am
If you bake it in the oven is it for the same amt of time and water? What else is good with rice? I want to make something other then my usual rice in a pot, salt pepper onions...

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 5:12 pm
I usually cook in a rice cooker: plain rice, half-and-half (ie white and brown) rice, safran rice, ginger rice, mushroom rice (I add sliced, raw mushrooms and onion soup mix, reduce water slightly). Cold left-over rice is great for fried rice.

I usually cook in a pot: rice with lentils, chicken rice (with tomato sauce, good way to use leftover chicken), rice with browned vermicelli, rice with peas, rissotto, rice porridge

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 6:36 pm
Bake short grain brown rice with shredded carrots, diced tomato, parsley flakes, oil, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.

DovDov

Post Tue, Jun 14 2011, 10:22 pm
Saute onions, celery, zucchini, mushrooms. Add rice and replace 2/3 of the water with tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes (add an extra 1/3 cup per cup of rice). Spice with salt, basil, Italian seasonings.

Or skip the tomato sauce and add peas.

Or saute some chopped peppers and onions, cook rice normally, stir in a can or two of black beans after it's cooked, plus a chopped onion (plus, if milchig meal, some pepper jack cheese)

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, Jun 14 2011, 10:37 pm
I cook it in a pot. After the water gets absorbed, I add a little margarine or oil (but I like the margarine better for texture) and onion soup mix.

It's not the healthiest, but I don't make it too often and it's the quickest side dish recipe I know.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals