Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Reccomend clean videos for kids up to 12 years
Previous  1  2

Isramom8

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 3:42 pm
American Tail is so violent.
Entebbe has a s-xualized scene.

achayl

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 9:32 pm
Fly Away Home - it's a beautiful story of a father and daughter who help an orphaned flock of geese migrate south. Perfectly safe/kosher. Beautiful story, based on a real incident.

mommyX2

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 10:18 pm
I dont think toy story movies are very appropriate.

just saw "cloudy with a chance of meatballs" with my son and I think it was cute and clean.

spring13

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 11:19 pm
I also recommend the American Girl movies.

At the public library, I found DVDs of Bill Nye the Science Guy, the Magic School Bus, and animated readings of storybooks.

bigsis144

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 12:25 am
spring13 wrote:
I also recommend the American Girl movies.

At the public library, I found DVDs of Bill Nye the Science Guy, the Magic School Bus, and animated readings of storybooks.

Bill Nye the Science Guy is AWESOME. My sisters said if he was Jewish, I would have married him, LOL.

I still remember SO much from those shows, running home from school to catch it on PBS (there is NOTHING educational left on TV... it's all just "feel-good" stuff like Barney and Clifford and Calliou...). Among the stuff I remember, though, just FYI to the OP, is things like the catchphrase "65 MILLION YEARS!!!". So if you're not into exposing your kids to those topics (which doesn't only appear on dinosaur-themed episodes; you gotta watch out for geology, astronomy/cosmology, evolution in both the animal kingdom and the human race, and the "music videos" at the end of each one, parodying various secular rock songs, like "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" or "Smells Like Teen Spirit" or "Baby Got Back").

Starhavah

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 1:05 pm
Fly Away Home
Spirit
Dreamer

c.c.cookie

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 2:38 pm
gold21 wrote:
Mary poppins. / The Newsies, as long as u stop the video a minute before it ends, cuz for some odd reason the main charachter and this girl kiss right at the end. / Annie, not sure if the weird brother and his weird wife kiss or not? maybe someone else knows?/ Heidi./ The Little Princess, I thought it was totally clean, at least the version I watched

Annie has some parts that I would not want my kids watching.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics