Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Why don't you wear makeup?
1  2  Next

anonymrs

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 5:13 am
Just curious, those of you who wrote that you rarely or never wear makeup, why not? Is it tznius, laziness, no time, no interest, or something else?

DrMom

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 5:32 am
No time, not much interest.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 7:06 am
I have no interest. My mother never wears make-up except for special occasions, so that has most to do with it. I wasn't brought up with it. Why she doesn't...don't know! My dh likes it, so I do sometimes wear, but very minimal. I'm beautiful without it Rolling Laughter Rolling Eyes

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 7:14 am
I don't like the feel.
I don't like to take the time.
Doesn't appeal.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 7:17 am
laziness.
no patience.
etc.

cm

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 7:17 am
No interest.

I don't like how anything goopy feels on my skin.

I don't think women need to color their faces.

My husband doesn't care.

grin

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 7:20 am
I have no interest or motivation - I'm from the generation of ecology awareness, whole grains, getting in touch with yourself and Mother Earth, and never bothered to get past it. The world will just have to take me or leave me, as is.
of course, I'm also beautiful without it Rolling Laughter But seriously, I figure that if it bothers anyone that I don't, I guess they're not the type I prefer to associate with.

my girls totally don't understand me, but to me it looks close-up like paint on your face. I didn't even put on for my own chasuna <gasp>

(I'm actually surprised that I'm not the only out of the many thousands of members here who doesn't. I don't think I know anyone else like this IRL)

Simple1

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 7:35 am
I have no patience for it. I also don't like the feeling of having stuff on my face ( I see others here posted the same reason). And I don't know if it's true, but I like to believe that skin is healthier and nicer in the long run without the chemicals , and letting it breath. I do wear make up to special occasions, though usually nothing complicated unless it's for a very special occasion.

Lately though, I've been wanting to try some make up, but I don't even know where to get started.

anonymrs

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 7:42 am
Simple1 wrote:
I have no patience for it. I also don't like the feeling of having stuff on my face ( I see others here posted the same reason). And I don't know if it's true, but I like to believe that skin is healthier and nicer in the long run without the chemicals , and letting it breath. I do wear make up to special occasions, though usually nothing complicated unless it's for a very special occasion.

Lately though, I've been wanting to try some make up, but I don't even know where to get started.

Start a new thread, there are plenty of people here who would gladly help you out with some direction. Or pm me and I can try to help you.

ora_43

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 7:47 am
I don't think I'm beautiful without it, but I'm decent looking enough that there's no need to mess with it, IMHO.

To me, no makeup is the default, and makeup is to look extra-good or cover up problems. I usually have no need to do either, so, no makeup.

Tamiri

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 8:21 am
I don't like the way it feels. I like to wash my face all day and can't do that with makeup. It makes me break out. I can't imagine wearing it in the heat of summer (or the cold of winter).

good wifey

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 9:31 am
anonymrs wrote:
Just curious, those of you who wrote that you rarely or never wear makeup, why not? Is it tznius, laziness, no time, no interest, or something else?

Just because I like to look like myself.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 9:36 am
Really? You don't think the little touch up on your pretty face will make you look prettier? I thank hashem for giving us the opportunity for making the invention of make up-it really makes a difference most of the time.

JAWSCIENCE

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 9:38 am
I used to wear it. DH likes me better without it plus I work in a kind of job where it can actually be a hindrance/annoyance. SO I tend to only wear for occasions like other people's weddings.

1Life2Live

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 9:41 am
I don't have time to put it on in the morning. Wish I did...

good wifey

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 9:54 am
flowerpower wrote:
Really? You don't think the little touch up on your pretty face will make you look prettier?

No.

I had someone apply "natural looking" make up for my wedding. It made me look kind of weird!.. I had a hard time removing it..
DH doesn't go for it either. And so I'm happily make up free.

I do think some need it and most look good with it. But I'm fine with myself without it.

grin

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 10:01 am
my theory is that your looks depend more on what goes into your body than what you put on top.

obagys

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 10:17 am
I'm lazy, I don't enjoy applying it. Or removing it. Or the feeling of it while it's on, for that matter. I do wear makeup for special occasions, like weddings.

I do know my husband really loves the way I look when I apply makeup, so I really should do it more often, if just to make him happy. Then again, if I did it more often, he probably wouldn't care about it as much cause he'd get used to me that way.

oohlala

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 10:44 am
I used to wear a bit of makeup before I got married (concealer, eyeliner, lipstick), but my husband doesn't think it's necessary and I have sensitive skin that breaks out all the time so it's not worth it. I do actually like primping, but the rash it causes is not worth it to me.

Depressed

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 10:50 am
I always have to find makeup Im not allergic to. I havre skin allergies and my husband has resparatory allergies so it’s a major nuisance.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics