Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Online Jewish school

Clarissa

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 5:25 am
Hi, all. I'm looking to do an online Judaism course for my five-year-old. I figured that there must be some people here who live in areas where they have to do something like this, or maybe for some reason have their children in public school. The latter will be the case with us next year -- he'll be in a public kindergarten. I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Isramom8

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 5:31 am
I teach at www.room613.net/
Check out my classes this week (last week of school before summer vacation) and join us!

Temilia

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 5:34 am
www.jewishonlineschool.com.

I don't know anyone that uses it personally, but it's based off/run by the Shluchim Online School, which is geared for kids of chabad shluchim who live away from a day school. The Shluchim Online School is very user friendly, very professional, beautifully run and gives an unbelievable education to hundreds of kids around the globe. I am imagining the Jewish Online School is similiar.

Jewish Online School

mominisrael2

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 6:33 am
WebYeshiva has a program called Torah Tutors (http://www.torahtutors.org) which does one-on-one Jewish education via a virtual classroom in real time. PM me for more details.

Raisin

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 10:23 am
clarissa!!!! welcome back!!! I've missed oyu round here.

may I ask why you want to do this rather then a sunday or after school program? I'm sure there are some great programs where you live.

or a private tutor, although that could be expensive.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 2:19 pm
Thanks for the tips, ladies. I'll do some research on the sites that were mentioned. I appreciate the leads.

Raisin, nice to see you here, my small dried fruity friend. We are planning on doing an afterschool or Sunday program, but many of them are sort of weak, so we want to add to it, either with an online program or with a private tutor at home. We've even considered doing two different afterschool programs simultaneously, but my husband thinks there would be too much redundancy. So I want to supplement the afterschool thing with something more in-depth. I went to an afterschool Hebrew school and look how I turned out! Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics