Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Now I'm intrigued: how often do you wear makeup?
1  2  Next

how often do you wear makeup?
every day  
 62%  [ 95 ]
occasionally  
 16%  [ 25 ]
just for special occasions  
 13%  [ 21 ]
never  
 7%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 153

grin

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 12:18 pm
I was so sure that I was the last of the dinosaurs that don't wear makeup at all - and I'm discovering that there a lot of us out there. I'm curious how many?

lizard8

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 12:29 pm
Daily! If I don't have time, I just put on some eyeliner & mascara...I feel undressed without it.

amommy

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 12:45 pm
I wear it daily. but I dont wear full face just my eyes.

frumluv

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 12:49 pm
I do blush & lip gloss

hop613

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 1:34 pm
never. I might do a little for a wedding

amother

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 3:56 pm
frumluv wrote:
I do blush & lip gloss

I usually dont wear anything. When I go to any affair/event I put on a bit of blush and some lip gloss. I never wear anything else, I cant stand having my face smeared up.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 8:03 pm
When I go out and feel like it.

YTYoungMother

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 8:09 pm
every day. I feel I am not making a proper effort to look my best without eyeliner, mascara and lipstick/gloss

amother

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 8:20 pm
Every day. I don't feel "dressed" if I go out without any. Nothing much, but at least a little blush and some lipstick.

bigsis144

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 8:21 pm
My eyes kind of disappear into my face if I don't wear a bit of eyeliner and mascara, so if I ever feel like I need to look awake, I put on that much. I didn't wear makeup until I got married, and DH likes the subtle difference that just a touch of makeup makes, though when I'm tired or busy, he'd rather me be happy than made-up. So, depending on the time of year, I occasionally go WEEKS without wearing makeup.

I never wear foundation or any other gook or powder on my face... baruch Hashem, I have a good enough complexion that I don't have to torture myself with that...

chanahlady

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 8:22 pm
I never wear makeup because DH doesn't like it...even when I put on colored lip gloss, he complains. If he didn't have such a problem with it, I'd probably use a little eyeliner.

spoons

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 8:46 pm
I must wear concealer- I've tried all those things to get rid of the dark circles but none of them work Sad
I wear only on my eyes, I'm pretty blonde so I use mascara and liner on top lid.

I never wear foundation, not even to simchot.

yiddishemommy

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 9:08 pm
I wear makeup on a daily basis and I hate that im so dependent on it. even when I just pop to the grocery I feel the need of wearing it. I feel somewhat undressed if I dont.

friday right before shabbos I reapply the makeup even though I dont have in plan of going out of the house or anyone seeing me besides my family.

I think its kind of an addiction...

amother

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 10:19 pm
I almost never wear makeup. DH does not like when I wear makeup cuz I dont let him kiss my face. Wink

I wear makeup to simchas and once in a sometimes I put on blush and eyeliner if I feel I need a bit of color.

I always put on makeup (and usually wear a shaitel) if I will be seeing my SIL's. I always feel so uncomfortable around them and at least this way I feel extra pretty.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 10:58 pm
I dot foundation on problem areas every time I wash my face. It's not a full face of make-up, just a bit of help here and there. Then powder and lipstick. Sometimes I put eyeliner on too.
There's a big difference between how I look with or without, it's worth 5 minutes of my time.

Isramom8

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 11:16 pm
Every day that I go someplace farther than picking up my child from gan across the street. First sunscreen. Then a little foundation, concealer, lipstick and mild blush (optional). For simchas I add a light coat of mascara and maybe eye shadow.

The look I aim for is just looking alive as opposed to exhausted and washed out. If my eyebrows are in hand, that makes a big difference, and then makeup is less necessary.

slushiemom

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 3:19 am
never, I dont care for it and dh hates makeup, he thinks it looks fake

shevi82

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 3:25 am
eye makup every morning.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 5:21 am
chanahlady wrote:
I never wear makeup because DH doesn't like it...even when I put on colored lip gloss, he complains. If he didn't have such a problem with it, I'd probably use a little eyeliner.

my husband doesnt like lip gloss either. but he doesnt mind eyeliner...

smilethere

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 5:41 am
amother wrote:
chanahlady wrote:

my husband doesnt like lip gloss either. but he doesnt mind eyeliner...

and my husband can't stand eyeliner. He thinks it looks like my children coloured on my face.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics