Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Good bye gift for babysitter - $$ or gift??

justmarried

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 11:18 am
My son is leaving his babysitter of almost 2 years and heading to playgroup. I want to still be able to use her as backup and I"YH for my other kids, so it's important for me to leave on great terms.

I want to leave her with something, but I have no idea what is expected or acceptable. She is a middle aged woman who is an almana. For Purim I gave her a nice amount of $$. She would probably appreciate money more than a gift, but that usually ends up costing more, and I would like her to have something to keep from me. However, I'm not sure what kind of gift would actually be useful and I hate giving gift the person has no use for.

What would you do? Would you give money? how much? Or what gift?

Thanks!!

shnipsel

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 12:06 pm
How about a nice box of chocolates with a card!

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 12:09 pm
give her a small framed picture of her with your child and a gift card to target or some such.

justmarried

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 12:27 pm
Thanks for the replies!

I like the idea of a picture frame, I just gotta take the pic first! I would prob send it along with something else though. I'm not sure if she is the type of person that shops in target...

If I'll end up giving money, maybe I'll give it along with chocolate to look nice.

Anyone else?

Fox

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 1:19 pm
Maybe a piece of high-quality costume jewelry . . . a pin or something that isn't too dramatically styled. I've received this kind of thing from departing students, and even if it wasn't really my taste, I kept it and treasured it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics