Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
One night getaway near NYC

chatouli

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 2:32 pm
DH and I want to get away for one night since we have family coming in who can watch DS. It will be midweek in July. We've never gone away without DS before and we want to go someplace really special. Can you help? Here are my requirements:

- beautiful, clean hotel or B&B
- within 2 hours drive of Riverdale
- nice restaurant available for dinner within 1/2 hour drive, place to have nice brunch/breakfast if possible
- beautiful scenery of any type

Thanks very much for any suggestions Smile

nycgal

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 2:46 pm
hyatt regency jersey city. its on the hudson river- beautiful rooms, stunning views. Manhattan is minutes away. I don't know how far it is from riverdale but I dont think its too far.

chatouli

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 3:49 pm
Thanks, I'll look into it. Where would we go for dinner? I am familiar with Teaneck but it's not that close to Jersey City and it might be more fun to do something different. We do go to Teaneck every so often.

Anyone know anyplace nice in Rockland? I was thinking someplace not too far from Monsey might be nice because of the choice of restaurants. Thanks!

nycgal

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 3:54 pm
There are many knsher restaurants in manhattan to choose from.

We aslo once stayed at Hyatt Place in Fair lawn-Paramus. Also beautiful rooms. Don't know whats near there, though.

Check out the Sheraton Parsippany. Nice scenery there.

chatouli

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 3:56 pm
I definitely don't want to go into Manhattan to eat. We do that often enough that it would not be "special" in the way we want. (Unless we went somewhere we NEVER go, like Solo, but let's just say that's not happening.)

Levtov

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 4:33 pm
Sheraton in Mahwah, NJ. You can eat in Monsey, shop in Woodbury Common, and take a beautiful walk in Englewood Cliffs, in beginning of Palisades....along the Hudson River, or go to bear mts park, if you like nature.

Cookiegirl

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 4:40 pm
DoubleTree Hotel in Tarrytown- 20 minutes from Riverdale and Monsey- restaurants and minyan in either direction. Lots of historic mansions in Tarrytown to tour, and 10 minutes from the Palisades mall...

Cookiegirl

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 4:43 pm
Also, if you want to be in/near Monsey specifically, the old Holiday Inn in Suffern has been renovated and reopened as a Crown Plaza...it's supposed to be really nice and very convenient to the Thruway.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries