Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Open around bris- urgent

amother

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 5:01 am
My ds is 8 months old. He suddenly has a stickiness with a bit of bleeding around the area of the bris. I use this term as that's exactly where it is. Pls advise if this is an issue of concern. He is my first son. Tnx

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 5:13 am
call your pediatrician

amother

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 5:15 am
I did and she said ask the mohel. I did and he doesn't think its a problem. Did this happen to any of ur sons? What did you do?

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 5:22 am
If the baby is eight months old presumably the brit milah was months ago so what good would there be in calling a mohel? The child needs to be seen by a competent doctor. Maybe the pediatrician misunderstood and thought that the baby is just after his brit?

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 5:24 am
Ribbie Danzinger wrote:
If the baby is eight months old presumably the brit milah was months ago so what good would there be in calling a mohel? The child needs to be seen by a competent doctor. Maybe the pediatrician misunderstood and thought that the baby is just after his brit?

ditto

amother

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 5:43 am
She saw him not long ago in her office when he had a virus and checks there each time. Could it be cuz he's starting to crawl? Or some kind of infection?

intrigued

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 5:45 am
Diaper rash? Is it at the tip? If so then it's a rash.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 5:56 am
Sorry for being so descriptive: it is at the line where the bris ends. there's the rounded top, then a line like a separation. He often pulls at it as if it itches him.

soboz

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 6:02 am
Could be a fungal infection, go and see your doctor.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 7:18 am
Tnx. Ispike to the ped & she said to put diaper rash ointment 3x a day. I am very prone to yeast infections & I started him on wheat/crackers/cookies/challah recently

Tamiri

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 7:24 am
Please, get him seen, pref by a pediatric urologist, just to make sure it's okay. I have 5 boys and have never seen this, which doesn't mean anything, but you want to make sure and not get instructions over the phone.

Laughing Bag!

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 7:32 am
amother wrote:
Tnx. Ispike to the ped & she said to put diaper rash ointment 3x a day. I am very prone to yeast infections & I started him on wheat/crackers/cookies/challah recently

this might be it! mention this to the pediatrician this way she will have a better picture of what it is!
good luck!

amother

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 7:42 am
OP here-
I did & she suggested the ointment can I rely on that for now?

amother

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 5:08 pm
Could have been an adhesion he pulled off? If so, not a big deal.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 5:12 pm
Honestly, she does not sound very competent. My ped would want to see something like that before dismissing it with diaper rash cream. BTW, boys in diapers are prone to yeast infections, so that may well be it. If I were you, I would schedule a visit tomorrow and have her actually look at it. If it is yeast, diaper rash cream won't cure it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics